Requisition ID: 248963
Requisition Posting End Date: 01/20/2022
The Ontario Line Delivery Partner is currently seeking experienced Senior Rail Planners with experience integrating engineering, construction, and procurement schedules for large scale railway projects.
A Senior Planner supervises schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities, supports project organizational and administrative activities, and supervises the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan. The Senior Planner also establishes project milestones, supervises schedule resource loading and leveling. Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures.
Experiences typically include planning for construction through urban locations, along and adjacent to active rail lines, station construction, bridge construction, elevated guideways, tunneling both with tunnel boring machines and SEM methods, utility relocations, track upgrades, storage yards, and maintenance facilities.
- Directs all program level schedule development and maintenance monitoring activities. Develops, interprets, and executes policy objectives and standards applicable to schedule maintenance and the monitoring of development functions.
- Oversees the implementation of milestone schedules, engineering/procurement/construction closeout monitoring including documentation and planned maintenance activities.
- Performs schedule reviews to ensure compliance with Client’s expectation and coordinate the required level of integration among the major contractors. Represent the Client in meeting with the major contractors
- Performs and/or coordinates, collects, verifies, and integrates the work scope for all entities into the total project plan. Reviews the representation of project scope in schedules. Establishes the conceptual scope of schedule studies. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope and quantities between the projects. Performs productivity analysis of construction operations and verifies. Establishes productivity basis to be utilized in estimates, as developed in concurrence with Construction. Reviews labor estimates for reasonableness.
- Manages the preparation of subject-specific schedules on an as-required basis.
- Supports the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan. Reviews the performing organizations and unit’s work logics and determines whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project schedule. Plans, coordinates, and establishes the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty and designates reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
- Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures. Compiles, summarizes, updates, and maintains historical schedule data. Monitors and reports the critical path and schedule performance of the total project.
- Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, and quantities between projects. Develops bid evaluation schedule criteria and prepares bid evaluations. May participate in discussions with vendors.
- Coordinates development of bulk commodity installation curves. Integrates appropriate manpower requirements for each discipline/specialty relative to the overall project needs. Determines quantity and manpower levels in support of the project needs and schedule philosophy.
- Directs schedule analysis/study and problem-solving activities.
- Develops and interprets guidelines applicable to the analysis function.
- Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility. Responsible for issuing reports required by Ontario Line management and project procedures.
- Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for project team consideration and discussion. Supervises/directs project schedule staffing and quantity reporting.
- Provides guidance to project director on overall schedule impacts and solutions.
- Experience and demonstrated skill in directing, planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office. Experience and demonstrated skill in establishing criteria for project planning and scheduling activities.
- Skilled in direction, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Skilled in oral and written communication, with a demonstrated ability to present planning and scheduling information to management and clients.
- Demonstrated skill in identifying, analyzing, and solving problems. Knowledgeable about current industry and technical developments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management and 13 years of experience or in lieu of a degree 19 years of relevant Project Controls experience with an emphasis on project planning in the Engineering and Construction industry.
- Expert analytical and computer skills required.
- Preference given to experience managing large rail system projects.
- Primavera P6 experience required. Experience representing the client and reviewing/integrating contractor schedules.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.