Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About This Role:
Responsible for providing leadership to a team of Quality Engineers/Technicians that directly support production operations. You will be identifying, coordinating, and assigning project priorities based on business and department objectives. You will also be required to have a sound understanding of the Quality Management System to ensure compliance and assist in troubleshooting quality issues as they arise. In addition, you will be expected to partner with other leaders within the organization to develop business strategy and implement quality initiatives and improvements that will meet or exceed internal and external requirements.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Providing team leadership to champion departmental or cross-functional initiatives. This includes providing direction, coaching, and mentoring to technical team personnel as well as providing guidance on daily work priorities.
- Overseeing effective execution of in-process qualification, testing, measurement and other ongoing manufacturing related activities.
- Providing technical guidance in identifying and resolving quality issues using engineering essentials and other related problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure the development and execution of streamlined, robust solutions to quality and production processes are effectively implemented while still meeting organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Promoting programs and initiatives that implement best-in-class quality practices across the production processes.
- Focusing on continuous improvement by championing and fostering the execution of projects within the manufacturing area and across the site.
- Fostering a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Demonstrating a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
What We're Looking For In You:
- Bachelor’s degree with an Engineering or Science background
- 5+ years of experience in quality/operations or equivalent
- Demonstrated effective change leadership and results-oriented
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Strong business acumen and communication skills, with the ability to quickly establish impact and consequences
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple, cross-functional teams
- 1-2 years of Supervisory experience
- Understanding and working knowledge of Medical Device Quality Systems and Regulatory Requirements
- Experience in Medical Device industry
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 474407