Additional Locations: (n/a)
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About this role:
Responsible for providing leadership to a team of Quality Engineers/Technicians that directly support production operations. You will be identifying, coordinating, and assigning project priorities based on business and department objectives. You will also be required to have a sound understanding of the Quality Management System to ensure compliance and assist in troubleshooting quality issues as they arise. In addition, you will be expected to partner with other leaders within the organization to develop business strategy and implement quality initiatives and improvements that will meet or exceed internal and external requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing team leadership to champion departmental or cross-functional initiatives. This includes providing direction, coaching, and mentoring to technical team personnel as well as providing guidance on daily work priorities.
- Overseeing effective execution of in-process qualification, testing, measurement and other ongoing manufacturing related activities.
- Providing technical guidance in identifying and resolving quality issues using engineering essentials and other related problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Partnering with cross-functional teams to ensure the development and execution of streamlined, robust solutions to quality and production processes are effectively implemented while still meeting organizational and regulatory requirements.
- Promoting programs and initiatives that implement best-in-class quality practices across the production processes.
- Focusing on continuous improvement by championing and fostering the execution of projects within the manufacturing area and across the site.
- Fostering a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Demonstrating a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s degree with an Engineering or Science background
- 5+ years of experience in quality/operations or equivalent
- Demonstrated effective change leadership and results-oriented
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Strong business acumen and communication skills, with the ability to quickly establish impact and consequences
- Ability to collaborate and influence across multiple, cross-functional teams
- 1-2 years of Supervisory experience
- Understanding and working knowledge of Medical Device Quality Systems and Regulatory Requirements
- Experience in Medical Device industry
Requisition ID: 493304