BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – OPTICAL & SERVICES
We’re seeking a Project Manager with strong financial acumen and analytical skills for Optical and Services Divisions of BJ’s Wholesale Club to lead strategic projects and related financial analysis to support and strengthen these areas. This role is a combination of project management and financial analysis & reporting.
- Interact with team members of supporting functions to deliver on project objectives
- Ensure common understanding of roles & responsibilities of cross-functional team members
- Monitor project performance to budget and timing objectives
- Forecast key activities and attainment of milestones along timelines & Gantt charts
- Financial Analysis:
- Forecasting: Create financial models that project the pro-forma economics of new initiatives and annual plans
- Data Analysis: Analyze data and results to help guide decisions on existing and new business
- P&L analysis: Optimize P&L results through analysis and new actions
- Pricing: Help monitor competitive pricing and make recommendations to improve results
- Reporting: Establish KPI’s and create tracking reports
- Management updates and presentations: Support the necessary data analysis and help create management updates and presentations.
- 5+ years project leadership experience required
- Strong financial acumen and ability to create spreadsheets
- Strong excel skills
- Experience in process development and improvement
- Ability to work cross-functionally with attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized, proven multitasker
- Experience with managed vision care insurance a plus
- Experience in the retail-optical industry a plus
- Experience managing digital projects and software implementation a plus
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.