Alternate Locations: Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Raleigh, NC (North Carolina); Work from Home (Excluding Colorado)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will provide leadership and direction on complex projects/initiatives through execution of consulting services and portfolio management, which includes but is not limited to accountability for implementation of project deliverables with a focus on business planning, communications and change management within Corporate Finance/Accounting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
• Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Provides direction & organization on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Analyzes complex project and/or program plans to validate if project outcomes will meet the business needs and align/support operational plans/objectives and recommends mitigation plan.
• Develops & executes complex effective project management throughout the project development lifecycle, including but not limited to: project planning, resource planning change management and communications planning, & managing changes to scope.
• Directs and delivers complex projects and/or programs conforming to project management standards and processes as designated by his/her assigned area of responsibility, including applicable change control and project management methodology.
• Serves as a subject matter expert to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on project management and business analysis best practice standards, templates and practices.
• Provides consultation with project owners and appropriate stakeholders to manage project quality.
• Collaborates effectively with management and appropriate project stakeholders on complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned projects.
• Identifies complex project/program resourcing needs & facilitates the procurement of needed hardware, software & human resources for the project.
• Consults with project owners and appropriate stakeholders to manage project quality and cost.
• Advises and collaborates with project owners and appropriate personnel to manage project/program quality and cost.
• Using structured requirements process, clearly articulates, documents and validates complex business requirements.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
• Collaborates with internal and/or external stakeholders to assess, select and recommend complex solutions and/or alternative approaches that will achieve business goals.
• Champions and enhances the direction of emerging solutions to meet the needs of complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives.
• Directs and delivers on emerging solutions utilizing established delivery methodologies, tools and artifacts that align to this area of responsibility.
• Provides thought leadership on emerging solutions to meet the needs of complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives.
• Advises and collaborates with key internal and/or external stakeholders to elicit complex business issues, determine root cause(s), and capture business needs.
• Provides expertise and collaborates with internal and/or external stakeholders to assess, select and recommend complex solutions and/or alternative approaches that will achieve business goals.
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) – Minimum Required
- 7-10 years experience in Project Management and/or Business Analysis that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position. (Required)
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and an aptitude to drive and accept change.
- Demonstrated strong portfolio and project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain strong partnerships with business and IT.
- Demonstrated experience in advising and collaborating with business and IT to assess business need, identify solutions to solve for business problems
- Up to 25% travel.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.