Power the Possibilities, Join Our Team
The CDK Global technology team is looking for collaborative innovators who are passionate about making their mark on emerging enterprise software products. We’re building cloud and AI/ML technology for the automotive industry that will change the landscape for automotive dealers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the customers they serve. Each year, more than three percent of the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) is attributed to the auto industry, which flows through our customers.
If you’re ready to make an impact, you’re ready for CDK
Real Time Systems
Vehicle OEMs and the automotive dealers seek to promote their vehicles to the consumers and businesses that buy them. Automotive Inventory Lifecycle management includes:
- Sourcing the right vehicles at the right price,
- Stocking the vehicle into Inventory,
- Setting competitive Prices using insights collated from variety of sources,
- Driving Real Time integrations between Inventory systems and Automotive OEMs as well as third party application developers and partners and
- Promoting the vehicles using an omni-channel strategy, including various internet and mobile channels.
An increasing proportion of the research and buying process is being conducted online. As the OEMs and dealers embark on their quest to be closer to consumers with their Digital Retailing activities, CDK is innovating to facilitate promotion of vehicles directly to consumers through omni-channel experiences.
CDK also introduced Neuron, an open, intelligent data platform connected to the Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange™. Neuron is designed to turn high volumes of industry information, powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning, into real-time and actionable predictive insights for dealers, OEMs and third-party software developers. It will empower dealers and OEMs to sell and service more vehicles by helping them create more personalized and differentiated customer experiences.
CDK is a pioneer in dealership management, delivering solutions that help nearly 17,000 retail locations in North America connect and serve their customers and accelerate digital transformation. CDK is passionate about building the next generation of automotive & dealership software. We are at the forefront of innovation in the automotive industry, from creating new capabilities for connected vehicles to defining the future shape of digital retailing.
CDK is looking for a Senior Product Manager: Real Time Systems who has successfully developed and executed product roadmaps at large enterprise software companies. Leveraging technical, analytical, process and leadership skills, this role will drive the next generation of automotive digital transformation.
The ideal candidate for this role has a background in agile product management, building, launching and scaling products, strong technical and product acumen and ability to work in a dynamic and innovative environment.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
Explore, analyze and communicate market and customer needs. Define requirements, roadmap and processes for developing and launching real time systems, products and services.
- Engage in building and executing the product strategy and go-to-market activities.
- Identify new products & areas of business growth.
- Improve customer user experience and workflows.
- Drive Real Time Integrations between CDK Inventory systems and Automotive OEMs as well as third party application developers and partners.
- Review competition to ensure our products remain competitive and market leading.
- Seek innovation to improve processes across all phases of the vehicle inventory lifecycle.
- Understand and participate in OEM and dealer strategies for the evolving needs of vehicle inventory services.
- Identify how to monetize existing and new capabilities.
- Leverage data and create product offerings that apply AI/ML techniques to generate analytics & business insights for OEMs and dealers.
- Have an understanding of API and App marketplaces.
- Drive use-cases for API integration with third-party apps through Fortellis.
- Translate the product vision into epics, create user stories and engage with sprint team ceremonies to deliver against the roadmap. Be a key member of the product launch team.
- Ensure engineering teams understand appropriate details and build to specified requirements.
Leverage your deep market and technical knowledge to partner with R&D to build and then take new offerings to market. This role also works closely with OEMs, third-party software providers and dealers to gather requirements.
Bring your product management expertise in an agile environment to incubate new innovation. This role requires collaborating cross-functionally with sales and marketing to gain market, competitive, and customer insights and translate that into outcomes that drive unique value proposition, differentiation and market-share growth.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Minimum 5 years of Product Management experience in an Agile software environment with specific experience in building roadmaps, developing user-stories, and working closely with engineering to develop & launch products and services.
- Experience preferred with Distributed Systems and Real Time Systems.
- Experience with APIs, and preferably also with app marketplaces.
- Automotive experience desirable.
- Experience with vehicle data (product configurations, pricing) desirable.
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle is expected.
- Experience with Applications, SaaS and PaaS desirable.
- Possess financial acumen and experience with business-case development
- Strong cross-functional leadership and collaboration skills.
- Ability to take ill-defined business problems and translate them into actionable plans.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to act under uncertainty.
- Ability to communicate with engineers and non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record in incubating new product innovations with strong customer and market feedback into an agile development environment. Ability to foster a learning organization.
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication & presentation skills.
- Self-driven, highly motivated, with drive to deliver high impact results.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent required. MBA desirable. Pragmatic Institute certifications highly desirable.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.