Req Id: 309331
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We’re proud to be Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
The Bell team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on the fastest-ranked and most-awarded 5G network in Canada. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology.
The Business IoT & Solutions team leverages Bell’s incredible portfolio of assets to create compelling enterprise services in multiple areas including vertical solutions, IoT platforms, MEC Alliances, Connected Car and global connectivity.
Do you want to have a direct impact on developing the next generation of 5G IoT service innovations for business customers? Enterprises are accelerating their digital transformation and want to leverage Bell’s portfolio of 5G and IoT services. This team’s products will support enterprise growth and prosperity in the hyper-competitive digital economy.
Managing a team and reporting to the Director of Business IoT & Solutions, the successful candidate will be responsible for accelerating the adoption of sensor data to improve productivity, safety and compliance across the entire supply chain. Key products include fleet management, asset management, driver behavior & compliance, cold chain / tank monitoring, etc.
This is a challenging opportunity for a customer-focused product leader with a proven track record of managing and delivering services in the telecommunications industry. The successful candidate will collaborate with other like-minded high-energy professionals that are passionate about driving market growth for Bell’s transportation portfolio.
Performing in this role involves experience in managing a team, spearheading all product management and development activities including managing cross functional teams to develop product requirements, concept design and testing of new services; preparing business case justification for new product investments; managing stakeholders; and identifying launch strategies with the customer experience being paramount for all activities.
- Create and manage the product strategy and roadmap across all customer segments for the IoT transportation industry and overall IoT hardware products supporting all vertical markets
- Communicate and secure buy-in for the product strategy from key stakeholders and executives
- Define and deliver on performance targets including revenue, profitability, subscriber and usage
- Manage solutions sales performance and resolve issues that could impact targets
- Create product requirements and build the business case for new products and enhancements
- Collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams to implement and manage product releases (i.e. network, sales, marketing, billing, customer care, legal/regulatory, etc.)
- Build and execute partnerships that attract best in class IoT channel partners for transportation
- Partner with operations teams to drive continuous improvement for the service delivery model
- Partner with the sales team to close strategic customer accounts when required
- Manage performance objectives and support the personal growth plans of team members
Critical Qualifications/ Competencies:
- A University degree in business or technical discipline
- 5-7 years of practical experience in leading a team in product management and development
- Extensive partner management experience, negotiations and contract management
- Deep understanding of various commercial models including software as a service, hardware, etc.
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders to align to new business models and initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to lead teams and motivate them to work effectively towards objectives and market leadership
- Technically inclined and an interest and ability in understanding new mobile technology
- Ability to analyze numeric data to find and communicate trends, patterns and opportunities
- Ability to adapt and remain focused on priorities under frequently changing market, business and technology conditions while handling multiple requests and deadlines concurrently
- Motivated and self-disciplined and comfortable working with minimal supervision
#Feature*LI-PT1 #Indeed #Tech
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 08/11/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.