Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Moultrie Mobile (www.moultriemobile.com) is a rapidly scaling software and cellular camera platform used by hunters, property owners, jobsite managers, and others for real-time remote monitoring. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. Moultrie is first and foremost customer driven – product, hardware, software, marketing, and customer success teams collaborate to deliver a best-in-class user experience. As a business unit of EBSCO Industries (www.ebscoind.com), we offer the stability and benefits of a firmly established corporation while operating as a growth-focused team with the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup.
We are guided by the following principles:
· We put the customer first.
· We are curious and seek to learn.
· We take ownership.
· We are grounded.
· We win as a team.
· We are builders working with relentless energy, urgency, passion, and drive.
· We innovate, experiment, and take risks.
Moultrie Mobile, the fastest growing product segment within PRADCO Outdoor Brands, is looking for a talented Product Designer as we enter an exciting new market with extremely high growth potential! This role will champion the user experience and success criteria with both hardware and software as we adapt our technologies for this new arena and user base.
The Senior Product Designer will lead and produce user-centric design solutions and consistent UI functions for our mobile product. The position will work with domain experts, product owners, software engineering, and other UX professionals. The preferred candidate will have extensive experience with various interaction styles and UI component types but with an extreme emphasis on mobile user interfaces.
The Senior Product Designer will also be involved with UX design, including user-centered design, user research, concept development, use-case development, mockups, wireframes, visual UI design, design reviews, and usability testing.
Day to day:
· Create UX design deliverables such as process flow, wireframes, mockups, and functional prototypes to communicate design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors effectively.
· Work closely with UX designers and application developers to implement new UX designs into a package of reusable mobile UI components that are used in a SaaS mobile application.
· Conduct expert reviews, heuristic usability assessments on existing and future application features, and creative design solutions for general usability and user experience issues.
· Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to customers.
· Advocate for user-centric design across the full product life cycle, communicating with application developers, product owners, and executives to build scalable solutions that enhance the user experience.
· Stay up to date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Associates Degree/Technical Training Certificate or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the UX field. (Preferably in mobile app design).
- Ability to produce all UX design deliverables required on a project, ranging from static wireframes to interactive prototypes.
- Experience with responsive/mobile-first design for native and web.
- Strong background in UX design principles and practices.
- Strong understanding of the agile framework.
- Experience with some or all design tools: Figma, Adobe CC, Sketch, Framer, Axure RP, Balsamic, InVision.
- Degree in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, or other design-related technical degree.
- Outstanding user research skills, both quantitative and qualitative, user interviews, surveys, and testing.
- A self-starter, highly organized, expert generalist, design thinker, and design tinkerer.
- Experience working with hardware design is a plus but not required.
- Experience with app development, including Xamarin, is a plus.
- Experience in hunting and outdoors is a plus.
Note: A portfolio of UX project work must be provided.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.