Req Id: 307191
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
CP24 is looking for an experienced Senior Producer who thrives in a breaking news environment to lead Toronto’s #1 morning show, CP24 BREAKFAST.
- Editorial leadership:
- Produce an outstanding news-driven morning show which also makes room for the lighter side of life
- Ensuring the show is fast-paced and current, and able to pivot when big stories happen
- Making solid and timely editorial decisions which reflect the show’s mandate
- People leadership:
- Lead and manage a team of producers, writers, anchors and reporters
- Communicating editorial decisions and providing context
- Supporting an inclusive and respectful work environment
- Daily responsibilities:
- Work closely with various teams including assignment, field crews and control room
- Write and produce accurate, current, informative and varied lineups and shows
- Generate and manage story ideas, segments and guests
- Vet scripts, videos, banners and content
- Produce live broadcasts in the control room
- Work closely with sales and digital teams
- Ensure the highest broadcast and editorial standards are met
- Other duties as required
- Minimum 7 years experience in a news environment
- A reputation for making great television
- A track-record for being a strong team leader
- A strong understanding of broadcast and editorial standards, and how to apply them
- Experience with live events and breaking news, and exceptional control room producing skills
- Great news judgement and excellent knowledge of news, current events, and pop culture
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
Location: 299 Queen Street West
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Application Deadline: 08/04/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.