Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role
The role of this individual is to assist the upstream marketing team in researching potential markets and disease states, staying abreast of market and competitor activities/trends, and uncovering unmet needs in order to direct commercial input into product development and life cycle planning for the IO pipeline.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing financial return of M&A activities and independently lead the process of evaluating new R&D programs incorporating both detailed VoC input and economic analysis
- Assist with commercial planning for IO pipeline products
- Research and identify gaps in understanding of market and customers; recommend and obtain information to fill those gaps
- Identify major current and future competitors and track activities (e.g., marketing, trials, etc.); integrate this knowledge along with competitive and market trend analysis into commercial planning
- Assist and independently drive processes to obtain customer insights
- Assisting with the commercial planning for IO portfolio products to ensure launch readiness with a competitive product profile via researching potential markets and disease states, staying abreast of market and competitor activities/trends, and uncovering unmet needs
- Assist with developing revenue forecasts
- Assist with providing input into business development opportunity analyses on an ad hoc basis
- Development and implementation of logical, practical and structured fact based approach to strategy development, valuation and business plans
- Establish strong communication and collaborate with global and regional marketing and sales colleagues, Interventional Radiologists, various cross functional team members to obtain market and competitor information that is intended to help drive pipeline product development and life cycle planning.
- Work with VP of Upstream Marketing to develop commercialization strategies, drive product development, and optimize the product profile.
- Engage the Corporate Compliance Lead to ensure commercial compliance at all times.
- Understand the clinical settings (e.g., hospital, clinics, etc.) as appropriate for potential pipeline products via market research and other external information-gathering opportunities.
- Effectively manage contractors (e.g., market research consultants, data consultants, etc.) to ensure efficient and effective programs that advance knowledge necessary for pipeline planning.
- Understand current clinical practice through appropriate interaction with healthcare professionals and attendance at medical congresses and other educational venues when needed.
What we’re looking for:
- BA required
- MBA or other advanced degree, strongly preferred
- a mimimum of 5 years of experience with computer-based analytics and statistic, market research, business strategy, product marketing in healthcare field
- Ideal candidate will have exposure and experience to the oncology markets
- Deep experience with financial and revenue modeling
- Knowledge of and experience with market research methodologies and best practices and commercial data sources
- Demonstrated success in research and analysis capabilities
- Ability to be in full command of market details and data
- Holds self accountable for results and ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to independently lead complex programs and activities
- Willingness to take on initiatives as the need arises and where other resources may be limited, whether or not within the scope of the job or position
- A demonstrated high degree of independence and professional maturity. Ability to navigate through ambiguity – establishing procedures where required.
- High level of integrity. Deals with others in an open, honest, and respectful manner.
Requisition ID: 509623
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.