Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The role of the Sr. Planning Engineer is to work closely with Sales, Sales Engineering and Pricing/Offer Management to design competitive and cost-effective customer solutions. Sr. Planning Engineer will also partner with Network teams (OSP, Transport, Fiber Planning, Data Planning, Engineering, Provisioning and Construction), Product Management, and Technology Management as required when designing customer solutions.
The Main Responsibilities
- Provides design and costing to the Sales team within short intervals defined by service level agreements and departmental metrics.
- Applies engineering and networking principles, theories, concepts and technologies to solve complex problems and create innovative network designs.
- Conducts system design across platforms used across one or more company entities.
- Demonstrates proficiency in design requirements for Lumen products sold through the multiple In-take processes.
- Demonstrates skill in planning and engineering; analyzing complex local and wide area network systems including the design, evaluation and capacity of access and core technologies in the inside-plant, outside-plant and premise environments.
- Handles complex engineering assignments with little direct supervision or guidance.
- Exhibits proactive/clear communication, organization, and leadership skills.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 6+ years of experience in engineering, planning or related field with a Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of experience in engineering, planning or related field with Master’s degree
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills required
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 243291
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.