Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Manages network elements for voice and data networks and monitors and evaluates capacity utilization for these networks. Submits capacity triggers as necessary. Forecasts and trends bandwidth growth to produce capacity triggers for bandwidth relief. Develops plans to augment capacity relief as needed.
The Main Responsibilities
- Triggers projects utilizing the most feasible, practical and economical means.
- Performs engineering work and applied research, development and design of new projects, to include design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of equipment and devices.
- Skilled in planning and/or engineering.
- Analyzes complex local and wide area network systems and/or customer network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices.
- Must be capable of handling moderately complex engineering assignments.
- Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms including e-mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like.
- Configures systems to user environments.
- Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services.
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires limited direction and guidance.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and relevant experience
- 6+ years of related experience
- 4+ years of related experinece with a Master’s Degree
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 263333
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.