Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr Network Implementation Program Manager position will plan, schedule, coordinate, and project manage a wide variety of projects involving the construction of ISP and OSP facilities, buildings, road moves, etc. including the oversight of engineers, construction supervisors, contractors, various trade workers, project managers, etc to effectively monitor and manage quality and completion of work and resolve specific issues, as well as, to accurately report on the progress of a project to include updating databases as applicable (i.e.- Fiber to the x (FTTx), Customer Designed Fiber Services (CDFS), Alternative Form of Regulation (AFOR), and Global Passive Optical Networks (GPON)). This position must ensure projects are completed with quality, on budget and within time constraints.
The Main Responsibilities
- End to end project management
- Relationship building with Vendors
- Assists Engineering by interfacing between engineering and external contractors in preparation of projects, assisting and resolving issues, reviewing engineering work prints and handbooks; and vendor installation processes in accordance with Lumen standards
- Provides feedback to internal and external construction personnel by communicating feedback regularly; reporting housekeeping issues, and maintaining knowledge of engineering standards, practices and procedures
- Proven experience reading blueprints and schematics
- Proven experience and knowledge of building codes and relevant laws to ensure the project is in compliance with building standards and regulations.
- Quality audit of work performed by vendors
- Responsible for work load balancing among resources
- Responsible for functional management of a market
- Field interface for engineering and construction
- Multi-discipline expertise and responsibility
- Complex work using external vendors: complex network expansion, complex relocations, complex building adds
- Support EPM I
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Baccalaureate degree plus 4+ years or more of experience in telecommunications industry demonstrating experience and knowledge in the aspects of Engineering, ISP & OSP Construction, and contract policies and procedures or equivalent work experience or equivalent experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures, including underground, buried and aerial construction of copper and fiber facilities. Central office configurations and routing switching.
- Previous experience with supervision of projects, or project management.
- Knowledgeable and able to work in appropriate systems and Microsoft Office.
- Fluent on current approved products and technology.
- A valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, preferred.
- Previous supervision/project management in construction or telecommunications environment
- Knowledge of Lumen Proprietary Systems, SAP, Fireworks, BidMaster, ARMOR, WFMT, NDS, etc.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 256731
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.