Requisition ID: 240689
Requisition Posting End Date: 11/09/2021
Career growth opportunities for a materials engineer with relevant work experience, seeking a technical challenge in a fast-paced environment executing the materials design of a range of facilities including, refining, LNG, petrochemical, and gas processing projects.
- Executes project deliverables according to a set engineering design criteria utilizing approved engineering procedures and practices.
- Prepares, coordinates, and reviews designs, studies, reports and drawings.
- Takes the initiative to coordinate the design development with other engineering disciplines while managing workload and meeting schedule due dates.
- Plan and conducts independent work, using sound judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Devises practical approaches to solving materials engineering problems.
- Coordinate technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
- Travel to support activities at construction sites, supplier’s works or in other engineering offices
- Establish metallurgical requirements for equipment and piping in LNG plants, petroleum refineries, and petrochemical plants
- Develops Materials Selection Philosophies and Material Selection Diagrams (MSDs)
- Develop technical specifications for metallic materials and corrosion control
- Support to engineering disciplines in preparation of data sheets and material requisition packages
- Review of materials content in technical bids
- Provide post award technical support to requisitioning engineers
- Reviews vendor prints and other relevant documentation
- Support the project through construction and commissioning phases
- Perform standard materials engineering activities on projects with minimal technical oversight.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A recognized degree in Chemical, Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, or related technical field from an accredited college or university and minimum 8 years relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical theory, engineering principles, good engineering practices and how to apply them for design execution
- Familiarity with major regulations and industry codes and standards affecting standard design, quality, or processes
- A working knowledge of the principles and practices of Materials Engineering
- Ability to coordinate work with other engineering disciplines.
- Knowledge of welding processes and weld procedure/weld procedure qualification
- Knowledge of international materials standards and pressure vessel and piping fabrication codes
- Some knowledge of material damage mechanisms associated with petroleum refineries, petrochemical plants, and power plants
- Professional Engineer license (PE), or willingness to complete
Knowledge of the following topics is preferable:
- Nondestructive examination (NDE)
- Paint and coatings
- Thermal insulation
- Non-Metallic materials
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.