Auto req ID: 9301
Title: Senior Manufacturing Supervisor- Assembly
Job Function: Manufacturing
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time:Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our Powertrain Operations facility, located on Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls, WI, is where the “jewel” of the motorcycle comes to life. Pilgrim Road employees produce engines and transmissions for the final assembly plant in York, Pennsylvania, as well as transmissions, and replacement parts for sale through Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories business. Join our team as a Senior Manufacturing Supervisor- Assembly and help build the world’s most sought-after motorcycles.
Coordinates and supports bargaining unit employees in rotation groups with team leaders in the manufacturing, assembly, fabrication, distribution, and/or development of motorcycles or motorcycle component parts. Supports rotation groups to achieve department metrics for safety, quality, delivery, cost and sustainability. Provides resources, tools, and direction needed for the value adders to be as effective and efficient as possible. Fosters a culture and workforce that is motivated for continuous improvement and provides guidance and assistance to peers and others supervisors.
- Meets production schedules while executing manpower planning.
- Communicates and proactively works with union stewards to get their input and prevent and/or resolve issues early.
- Provides counsel to other supervisors and assists in troubleshooting production issues to ensure delivery targets and production schedules are met and/or exceeded.
- Provides direction to a department on a shift and administers disciplinary actions.
- Performs layered audits and prevents passing defects to the next group.
- Sets the stage for the day (i.e. schedule changes, previous shift performance, quality issues, etc)
- Provides feedback to the team members to ensure good quality throughout the group.
- Ensures standardized work and process discipline are followed.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management, Manufacturing Technology or related field Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Prior experience working in a front line leadership role in a unionized high-volume production or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience advising high performance work groups and experience with implementation and monitoring Statistical Process Control systems, ISO9007 processes, and an ability to jointly lead work groups with union leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives positively impacting the business and/or day-to-day site operations.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 0 – 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance