Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities, and in the office.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Our long-established Sustainability practice is looking to continually grow, innovate, and offer quality and insights to our clients. We are looking for a technically strong, experienced, and motivated Senior Manager, who wants to be part of a successful business that is constantly setting new standards for distinction.
What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Manager, you work with our Partners to lead the practice with a specific focus on ESG services. This includes delivering successful client engagements, managing diverse projects with multi-disciplinary and integrated teams, leading internal and external business development, and developing new service offerings and thought leadership initiatives. Key to success is the ability to manage key client and stakeholder expectations to build and foster long-term relationships and to guide and support the development of junior team members through the advancement of their professional careers.
Examples of our services include:
- ESG strategy and disclosure
- Climate risk analysis and disclosure
- Sustainability and social impact strategy
- Responsible sourcing and supply chain management
- Stakeholder engagement and social impact measurement
We are a highly connected global group of over 2000 practitioners across the world and are united by a unique objective throughout our practice: To make an impact that matters to our clients, people, and communities. Our Canadian practice brings people together through a truly National presence and has a diverse range of skills. You will work with people who have a broad range of skills and qualifications – accountants, engineers, scientists, management consultants and industry specialists. You will have the opportunity to work on strategy, advisory, assurance, and management system projects in a broad array of sectors including retail and consumer business, energy and resources, financial services, and the public sector. Working with us means that you will be working with a leading sustainability practice in the country and globally.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
We are looking for exceptional and articulate candidates with the following skills, qualifications, and experiences:
- 10+ years of experience in climate change, sustainability, ESG related areas, with significant emphasis on strategy and business transformation
- 7+ years of experience in a professional services environment leading the delivery of consulting engagements and leading teams through delivery
- Relevant work experience over the prescribed years include the following:
- Establishing sustainability strategies using leading frameworks such as GRI, SASB, TCFD, etc.
- Developing transformation and implementation plans;
- Advising on reporting and disclosure of sustainability and/or climate risk and performance in annual reports and/or sustainability reports;
- Development and delivery of related awareness training in ESG and strategy for senior/executive management and/or board of directors, etc.
- Developing climate strategies including establishing targets, supporting business case, and application of related carbon reduction frameworks/standards (SBTI, PCAF, etc.)
- Proven ability and experience to coach, counsel, and guide clients and staff across all levels of an organization
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills in English
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.