Req Id: 330437
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Are you ready to grow your career by taking on a new role at Bell? We always look for qualified internal applicants within our own team to support their development.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s national networks. The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
We are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Who we are:
The Bell Network team is on a journey to transform how Bell delivers the best customer experience with seamless access to a software-driven and cloud-based ecosystem of products, services and content. This transformation is about simplifying, virtualizing and automating the network transport and services to lower costs and increase agility to deploy Bell services.
At the centre of driving this transformation is the Smart Core Strategy and Program Office, orchestrating the full life cycle of these changes, from initial concept and strategic direction, to its delivery and launch. From emerging ‘smart’ technologies like edge computing, virtual network services and 5G network slicing, our Strategy and Program Office acts as the glue in aligning the direction of the organization and managing the development and execution of complex cross-functional programs that will really make a difference to Bell’s profitability and the superior experience delivered to our customers.
We are a new start-up team of industry experts, covering a wealth of technical backgrounds across wireless, wireline, TV and Media, but grounded in a strong understanding of the business side of technology. The breadth of our scope is wide, interfacing across Bell business units and with the industry that influences our direction. If you have an insatiable appetite for learning, with exceptional communication skills and an ability to influence and engage in a fast moving environment, we have the next career progression for you!
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
As a senior manager of the Strategy & Program Office, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing the program delivery practice for complex Smart Core project deliveries from scratch, collaborating across multiple common technology enabler teams, to stitch together solutions required for our next generation networks in wireless, wireline, Media and TV
- Owning the delivery of multiple programs personally, and through a team that you will recruit, develop and grow, comprised of project managers, product owners and scrum masters
- Work as part of a small management team to iteratively develop the end-to-end assessment-to-launch process for complex cross-organization delivery programs
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
The ideal candidate for the role:
- Is energized by the opportunity to create new cross-organizational operating models that don’t exist today
- Handles ambiguity well, works autonomously, and collaborates brilliantly
- Has a process/structured mindset with a track record to prove it, and is keen to learn and experiment
- Has a minimum of 7 years of experience in delivering large scale projects and has been in a people leadership role where coaching on process improvement has been central to their daily work
- Is naturally motivated to develop strong interpersonal relationships, and can deliver results through people
- Has hands-on experience with Agile / Scrum and DevOps principles, and can adapt them to always fit the situation and team
- Is comfortable, confident and prepared in interfacing with senior executive stakeholders
- Has experience managing both operational and capital budgets
- Has strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with a good sense of humor
- Is bold in their thinking and action, but operates with humility
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/29/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.