Senior Manager – Reinsurance Reg. Reporting
Location: Noida, India
The position supports MetLife's reinsurance reporting by providing quality analytics of reinsurance results. Coordinates with various teams for successful completion of monthly analysis. This includes Reinsurance income statement and balance sheet on a GAAP and STAT basis at the following levels: treaty, legal entity and line of business. Develop and maintain various reports used by Reinsurance analysis team. Review and provide feedback on analysis received from other departments to ensure high quality analysis are produced.
- Primarily responsible for the quality of reinsurance analysis at levels listed above.
- The review of monthly, quarterly and year-end analysis on GAAP and STAT income statements and balance sheet. Interaction and coordination with the lines of business, administrative areas and actuaries to ensure reinsurance analytics are timely and accurate.
- Ensure the accuracy of CUBUS and GRDR reports maintained by the team.
- Ensure the appropriate documentation is prepared to support SOX review, outside auditors, and internal auditors and ensure ad hoc request are completed as they arise.
- Process improvements, ongoing initiatives and projects to streamline team procedures and task deliverables.
- Lead various reinsurance or corporate initiatives as needed to improve overall performance and productivity.
- Supervising processes performed by professional accountants ensuring daily work is complete, reviewing and approving deliverables, training and guidance to staff as needed.
- Chartered Accountant is mandatory
- 8 or more yrs. experience in financial accounting and reporting, with at least 2 years of leading people or projects.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to modify and develop procedures and policies to meet needs/requirements of the analysis required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Experienced user of financial reporting tools including HFM, HFM SmartView, OBIEE, Cubus/Essbase and Peoplesoft
- Strong leadership skills including ability and willingness to provide honest feedback
- Strong knowledge of STAT and GAAP accounting & reporting
- Completion of, or working towards CPA, MBA or CMA highly desired.
- Insurance industry, HFM, PeopleSoft experience preferred
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are ranked #44 on the Fortune 500 list for 2019. In 2019, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fourth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.