Posting End Date: 01/21/2022
***Please note, this position may be located within 30 minutes of the onsite work location.***
Oversees all aspects of safely delivering reliable electric service within a defined service Region. Manage employee safety in compliance with all Entergy and OSHA requirements. Strong management skills required to drive and deliver an optimum and reliable service through the distribution system through collaboration between line operations, design & field engineering. Leader is responsible for delivering reliable, safe service to customers within a geographical region, while maintaining effective strategic relationships with the customer service organization, key community leaders, local elected officials, and key business customers ensuring business objectives. Key areas of success will focus on reliability, financial and budget responsibility, employee engagement and development,improving organizational health, delivering customer-centric solutions, managing regulatory issues, first-time issue resolution, supporting revenue growth through timely and efficient engineering and construction to meet customer expectations, and constructing/operating/maintaining the distribution facilities and infrastructure of today & the future. Strong leadership required to drive safety focus and maintain Entergy’s position as the best in storm/crisis preparation and response by performing the responsibilities of an Incident Commander during significant restoration events.
- Be seen as a leader in the Opco Distribution organization through effective coordination and strong collaboration of activities of the OpCo’s line operations, design & field engineering and customer service team to ensure service levels and accountability for achieving new customer-centric business model aspirations. This would inlcude the successful execution of strategic plans helping to deliver on commitments and benefits.
- Deliver on reliability commitments as measured by SAIDI, SAIFI and CAIDI. Leverage new technologies including smart grid capabilities to modernize the grid and its operation. Improve customer NPS by delivering on customer-centric solutions and efficiently resolving customer & regulatory complaints.
- Strengthen safety culture and improve performance as measured by leading and lagging indicators such as close catch good calls (CCGC), total recordable incident rate (TRIR) and serios injury or fatality (SIF) incidents. Actively work to improve employee engagement as measured by OHI scores, promote DIB’s throughout the entire organization, and focus on employee career development opportunities leveraging Individual Development Plans (IDP).
- Stays informed about the electrical industry and technology best practices, bringing new ideas to Entergy.
- Key measures of success include: achieve Target Zero safety incidents as measured by accident incidence rates, drive continuous improvement in reliability as measured by the operating region’s SAIFI, SAIDI and CAIDI, drive actions at the region level to achieve strategic customer satisfaction goals as measured by CSat Metric and NPS, Commit Dates (% met), & Customer Complaints (# and speed to resolve), support revenue growth & customer service through effective, timely engineering and construction of facilities to meet customer needs, employee engagement as measured by OHI metrics, and manage regional spending within approved targets for Capital and O&M. Support regulatory fildings as required. Leadership as an Incident Commander during significant restoration events. Fair application of the MOA where necessary.
- Support the development and implementation of Customer Experience, Marketing, and Communications initiatives.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
Minimum experience required of the position
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
Knowledge of processes and key performance indicators for distribution engineering, distribution line operations, and customer service. Ability to serve as company spokesperson on operational and reliability related issues affecting customers. Ability to build relationships with key external stakeholders and internal stakeholders within all departments.
Any certificates, licenses, etc., required for the position
Professional Engineer license preferred
Six Sigma or other continuous improvement certification/training preferred
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such dutie.
Primary Location: Texas-New Caney
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 105024
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and Pre-employment Testing: number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words). Travel expenses incurred in connection with EEI testing are non-reimbursable.
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.