Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
The Senior Manager, Pathology Operations will be responsible for working closely with the Medical Director and leadership team ensuring quality assurance and customer satisfaction by oversight of client on-boarding through report delivery within the Pathology Operations process. The Pathology Operations Manager will have overall responsibility of the laboratory operations, data entry and customer service teams.
The Boston Scientific Corporation Pathology Laboratory attests to the following: For HIPAA compliance purposes, this position has been reviewed by management and meets the ‘need to know’ PHI access criteria of the HIPAA Security Rule. Additionally, per the HIPAA Privacy Rule, the minimum necessary PHI data elements have been identified by management and the minimum necessary PHI access has been granted
Your responsibilities include:
- Responsible for operational planning and process improvement for the day to day operations
- Administers operational budgets in accordance to commercial forecasts, ensures department meets established objectives and complies with regulatory guidelines
- Coordinates with other business leadership in developing goals and objectives for the end-to-end laboratory operations.
- Analyzes strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and constraints to direct functional departments to accomplish objectives
- Creates and Reviews reports to assist in making fact-based decisions. Making decisions focused on customer service
- Responsible for the end-to-end customer experience by engaging and collaborating with external partners
- Manages the Operation of the lab to ensure required TAT’s are met and the highest quality and compliance is monitored and maintain through analysis
- Coordinates and manages resolution of customer service and quality issues
- Aligns with the Commercial and Marketing organization to drive delivery innovation and Customer Service Excellence
- Leverages understanding of Pathology Customer needs to develop an exceptional customer experience, aligning with BSC’s core competencies and capabilities
- Manages, leads and develops a team focused on the delivery of unparalleled customer and patient experiences.
- Collaborates with other business functions to identify opportunities of development engagement, continuous improvement and innovation for employees and customers.
- Develops and maintains relationships with Key BSC Functional Areas
- Oversees day to day operations of the Robert S. Smith M.D. Inc, d/b/a Boston Scientific Pathology Laboratory Operations.
- Executes strategy and focuses on maintaining stability in the operations and customer service.
- Monitors all laboratory functions to improve effectiveness and efficiency of anatomic pathology services using main principles and practices of performance improvement; participates in determining appropriateness of planned performance improvement.
- to the employee/contractor for them to satisfactorily execute the role and responsibilities of this position.
What we’re looking for in you:
- Master’s Degreee or equivalent combination of Bachelor’s Degree & Laboratory Experience required
- 8+ years in Laboratory Management, required
- Laboratory Certification (HT/HTL, CT, MT/MLT) or equivalent, preferred
- Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support client satisfaction and delivery of service excellence.
- Definitively would like to have someone with anatomic clinical experience, as well as with ISO 15189, CAP, and CLEP
- Experienced people leader with passion for development and successful track record of leading through change
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter, ability to work independently on multiple projects at the same time and meet challenging deadlines
- Experience with Novopath preferred
Requisition ID: 495140
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.