Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
To manage the performance of the Major Incident and Problem Management functions for LUMEN IT operations. Responsible for managing the teams and governing the processes to ensure a high-level of user performance and satisfaction.
The Main Responsibilities
Lead the Major Incident Management team:
- Oversee continual performance of the 24×7, global Major Incident Management team responsible for ensuring timely restoration of company-wide Major Incidents
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues. Act as escalation point for all Major Incidents
- Establish governance processes to measure, report, and improve Major Incident processes and outcomes.
- Provide clear, effective, and meaningful communication to all appropriate levels of leadership and stakeholders, ensuring status updates are delivered in a timely and accurate manner
- Ability to coordinate and drive technical bridges during a Major Incident steering support teams towards quick mitigation, work-around, or resolution
Lead the Problem Management team:
- Oversee continual performance of the global Problem Management team responsible for root cause analysis of all Major Incidents and driving resolution efforts to minimize repeat Incidents
- Manage and coordinate complicated issues. Act as escalation point for all Problems
- Establish governance processes to measure, report, and minimize repeat Incidents.
- Manage Post Major Incident review process, trend analysis, and documentation standards to identify problem areas
- Coordinate Problem reviews with IT teammates to eliminate Major Problems
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work-related experience
- Demonstrated technical expertise & leadership qualities is a must
- Technical experience and 5 years of related experience
- Outstanding problem management skills
- Experience leading 24×7 and offshore teams
- Experience in establishing timelines, detailed reports, and executive summaries
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to communicate project needs to internal and external teams/vendors
- Utilize a consultative approach and maintain strong working relationships across multiple departments; internal and external; conduct meetings with stakeholders to determine objectives and execute on deliverables.
- A motivated self-starter with experience working in a fast-paced work environment is a must.
- Strong ability to provide leadership/mentoring to other team members.
- ITIL V3 Foundations certification or higher
- Technical certifications
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 253556
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.