- Are you an experienced Information Technology professional who also understands Warehouse, Distribution and Logistics Systems?
- Do you have the ability to help your clients strategically, lead projects and implement flawlessly?
- If so, this may be the perfect role for you!
The Senior Manager of Distribution & Logistics Systems will participate in the development of strategy and execution of technology solutions in support of an overall business transformation program to optimize Dorman Products’ global fulfillment, inbound and outbound transportation, and reverse logistics processes. The Senior Manager will facilitate continuous improvement systems project identification, prioritization, and execution. The role will lead, manage and implement new technology solutions and automated business processes, including the sourcing and implementation of new WMS. The position will work with all business areas to incorporate company direction into the distribution and logistics technology project roadmap. The position reports to the Vice President, IT Business Engagement & Solutions and will partner with Supply Chain Leaders and work closely with other cross functional units.
Primary Duties (5-7 Key responsibilities)
- Develop the strategy and execution of supply chain technology projects to automate moving product from third party manufacturing to distribution centers to customer and back aligned with Dorman’s overall transformation program
- Complete recommendations and implement solutions to ensure warehouse operations flows effectively. Participates with distributions and logistics business leaders and with other cross functional areas leaders to understand the strategic and tactical direction of the company.
- Represent and lead information technology in the selection and implementation of warehouse management, transportation management, and other automation solutions aligned with the business transformation roadmap. This will involve providing inputs and participation in the package selection and in execution phase – lead the operation business teams to create/modify functional processes, participate in functional solution design with IT partners and champion change management within the operation business teams.
- Define the process flow and system requirements to support the changes necessary to meet distribution and logistics strategic direction. Align with other timelines such as process change, corporate rollout of initiatives and capital projects.
- Support continuous process improvement by defining high level strategic requirements and technology solutions to improve distribution and logistics flow.
- Integrate Dorman systems with 3PL providers and other partners as required.
- Relevant supply chain experience, in particular experience in Distribution and Logistics Management business processes and integration.
- Experience within SAP or any other ERP/MRP/Distribution legacy systems.
- Strong technical experience working in a complex ERP landscape desirable
- Expert knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems used in end-to-end processes as well as those interfacing with other organizational systems.
- Experience with WCS/WES solutions and automated material handling equipment and
- Background in evaluating automation strategies for complex warehouses
- Experience implementing an order management and warehouse management solution and driving resulting logistical changes within operational area required.
- Must possess a strategic approach, sound business judgment, and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact at all levels across the organization
- Project and program management experience, preferably supply chain systems projects
- Ability to build positive relationships across multiple stakeholders: senior leadership team, department heads, line supervisors etc.
- Ability to interact with external system vendors, consultants, and/or contractors as part of a project team, and clearly communicate requirements and manage expectations for optimal solution delivery.
- Strong business aptitude – ability to learn, understand and interpret business processes; ability to act in partnership with the business and be recognized as a valued contributor to business results
- Strong understanding of how distribution and logistics process drives operations.
- Expertise in continuous process improvement using industry-accepted methodologies.
Education or experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field. Equivalent experience will be considered.
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.