Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Responsible for managing the Engineering team responsible for security products for Global Network Security issue.
The Main Responsibilities
- Manage the team responsible for responding to engineering and sales need, such as but not limited to the following infrastructures: Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS), DDoS Product Offering, Firewalls, VPN Concentrators, Managed Security Service
- Technical Design and Documentation- Experience managing teams that provide technical engineering designs for security services and infrastructure. Provide high quality documentation to hand off responsibility towards security’s support groups
- Responsible for responding to and investigate escalated security events, such as but not limited to the following security disciplines: Customer facing security products like network based firewalls, CPE firewalls, managed intrusion detection, and other products under development, Vulnerability remediation, Anti-Virus, etc.
- Project work – identify trends based on operations escalations, metrics and develop requirements for scale of our MSS products Responsible for Engineering acceptance of new infrastructure and processes, process development, process refinement, and provide operational guidance
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Strong (Industry Level) knowledge of security frameworks in support of corporate employees and business initiatives
- Previous leadership for process, training, and change management, including managing operational, engineering, and architecture responsibilities.
- Prior Leadership experience supporting security technology infrastructure and teams
- Ability to multi-task and provide direction to team leaders for delivery of complicated technical issues across and upwards within management hierarchy.
- Deep understanding of processes, standards, provisioning, alarming, tools and event management
- Set and deliver strategic goals for the team which provide cross organizational alignment.
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of detailed technical documentation including security and network diagram
- Understanding network, compute, database, and middleware technologies as it applies to vulnerability profile and security protection technologies.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Certifications in compute, network, or security strongly desired.
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
- Management Experience of 5-10 years
- Information Security Experience 5 years preferred
- Preferred Certifications: CISSP or GSLC or equivalent level certifications
- Occasional Travel Required
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 248934
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.