Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada
All Available Locations: Calgary; Ottawa; Toronto; Vancouver
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills…whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Are you passionate about making an impact on the future? This is the role for you!
What will your typical day look like?
The Senior Manager role is a key leadership role at Deloitte. Accountabilities span all aspects of client services, from delivering complex business agility transformation programs to selling and driving business with our clients, to managing and setting the direction of the practice and our people.
Key Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Identify, lead and deliver on large agility transformations
- Contribute experiences and market leading approaches to both our clients and our Business Agility Offering
- Determine fit-for-purpose agility solutions for our clients that span across all agility frameworks
- Adivsing clients across the entirety of their business on how agile can help them achieve their aspirations (not purely within technology eg. Marketing and Corporate Functions etc)
- Cultivate and build long term relationships with senior executive clients
- Assume overall leadership in the delivery of projects, supported by a core team of Consultants
- Contribute to the growth and development of our people, by making mentoring and coaching of team members a priority
- Create a learning environment through leadership, participating in the development and delivery of industry training programs
- Assume internal leadership roles focused on practice development (e.g., campus recruiting, thought leadership/IP development)
- Managing multiple project teams, consisting of Consultants and client resources
- Building business cases to help our clients understand the agility benefits that can be realized from increased agility within their portfolio and / or organization as a whole
The focus and passion of Deloitte’s Business Agility Offering is to help our clients become a place where their employees are passionate about the work they do, and they can dramatically accelerate the speed at which can deliver value. Our transformation approach is based on a feedback-driven, co-creative working style where we partner with our clients to design, implement, and guide their organization in a new way of working, with agility at the forefront Each of our professionals is a strategic thinker with a passion for helping organizations innovate on the way they work. We ask our clients the tough questions, challenge them towards making real sustainable change and help them achieve it by working on the ground with them. We measure our success by the business outcomes we help our clients achieve, and the positive impact we have on our team members. As trusted advisors to many leading organizations, we are a market leader in the Business Agility space, with over 1000 agile practitioners in North America, and over 100 dedicated to business agility transformations. Our key clients span public sector, mining & resources, consumer business, insurance and banking industry segments. We are growing our team at an exceptional rate, and are looking for passionate and capable leaders to support our expanding business.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
We are looking for high-performing and dynamic candidates who possess a successful track record as well as the following requirements:
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience in the agility arena with deep, hands-on knowledge of Lean and Agile tools, and techniques
- An undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or similar domain
- Experience in business development with demonstrated sales in consulting services
- Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams through complex engagements
- Solid understanding of large IT organizations and specific challenges and issues
- Excellent understanding of software development life cycle management, and project management expertise
- A proven ability to differentiate between the myriad of agile frameworks that exist in the market and experience in applying various elements based on fit-for-purpose solutions during a transformation journey
- Demonstrated ability guiding both technical and non-technical transformations
- Strong depth of abilities in transformations at scale which encompasses practices and frameworks on effectively managing large portoflios, governing those portfolios, and changes required to remove scope, time, and cost constraints to induce agility
- Strong understanding of solution architecture, design patterns and design modeling
- Proven track record in large scale business agility transformation
- Ability to anticipate the long term impact of all decisions and take a broad approach to problem solving
- Influential leader that takes into account the desires and aspirations that their team has to grow and succeed professionally and recognizes that winning is truly a team sport
- Prevous expereince in developing and presenting new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Able to mentor and coach junior team members and lead teams collaboratively
The following would be assets in the role but are not required:
- Subject matter expertise in any of Insurance, Banking, Mining and Resources, Consumer Business or Public Sector industries
- Presence in the Agile community
- Post graduate degree and/or professional designation
- Experience with advising clients in the following areas:
- Agile portfolio Management
- Agile Finance
- Agile Marketing
- Agility of Risk, Compliance and Legal departments
- Digital Strategy and User Experience Design
- Lean start-up
- Lean management
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.