Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen seeks a proactive Senior Lead User Experience Designer who is creative and passionate about solving customer problems. As a member of the enterprise UX design and digital strategy team, you will build a deep understanding of our users' needs and then design compelling and intuitive experiences for our enterprise customer and employee-facing websites and mobile apps.
The Main Responsibilities
- Create engaging UX designs for both desktop and mobile experiences from low-fidelity wireframes to interactive high-fidelity prototypes.
- Conduct user research such as persona creation, journey mapping, use case scenario development, usability testing, and more.
- Explore ideas through rigorous design iterations and implementation. Streamline complex technical content into elegant solutions.
- Present new design concepts to stakeholders, explaining rationale for approach and working collaboratively toward a final approved direction.
- Work with both the product and engineering teams through the development cycle to ensure that the finished product is simple to use and aesthetically pleasing.
- Collaborate with other designers on the team and across the business to assure consistency across the Lumen ecosystem.
- Stay current on emerging UX/UI trends; learn and apply learnings with the team.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human factors, or similar
- 5+ years’ experience in UX design of web, mobile, and/or software applications
- Strong understanding of design principles including and best practices for accessibility, mobile, and responsive design
- Strong skills in design thinking methodology including conducting user research, ideating and conceptualizing
- Expert skills in UX design wireframe & prototyping applications
- Ability to communicate and present conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually to influence stakeholders at all levels inside and outside the organization
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility, dependability, and collaboration
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a fast-paced environment from concept to deliverable on time
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and/or experience with complex user interfaces is a plus
** Application must include a portfolio of work /work samples **
Requisition #: 248052
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.