Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Sr Lead Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the following: Lead complex programs, develop integrated program plans that take into account multiple project deliverables, and proactively identify critical impediments to meeting project objectives and coordinate projects and programs across multiple business groups to ensure timely delivery of objectives.
Underlying Business Role: SAFe Product Owner/Manager and Business Advocate:
The IT Development process requires strategic representation from “the business” at the Feature implementation level throughout the lifecycle of Planning/Development/Delivery process. The Product Manager, will direct content decisions from “the business” perspective within the IT Development ARTs. The Product Manager owns and prioritizes program-level backlog features and collaborates with other ART roles to provide content to the IT development teams for execution.
The ideal candidate will be able to interact with Business leaders to understand the experience and benefit that requested development will deliver. While working with IT, the candidate will provide a leadership presence to prioritize and align IT requirements to strategic objectives and facilitate the delivery of tactical objectives to meet strategic business goals.
The Main Responsibilities
• Understand, evaluate and balance Lumen’s ability to deliver new products, services and technologies within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
• Support development of product build/model.
• Effectively communicate program status, risks and issues to Leadership, and present options and recommendations for resolution.
• Manage one or more complex programs that encompass multiple projects with separate yet interdependent deliverables, timelines and objectives.
• Manage large scale, integrated program plans, and provide status and issues to executives and upper management.
• Develop scope and define backlog items that guide ART software development teams.
• Align key objectives and results to strategies and leverage the data to make business decisions.
• Collaborate with stakeholders during vision and concept development of a solution.
• Serve as ambassador for the solution/capability within the IT Development ART.
What We Look For in a Candidate
PMI/PMP or equivalent Project Management certification.
• Bachelor’s degree (preference for advanced) degree in a related field.
• At least 10 years Program/Project Management work experience.
• Experience with resource management including identification of gaps and recommendation of options to keep projects on time and within budget.
• Knowledge of business and technology work processes and the ability to use this knowledge when consulting across organizations.
• Excellent communications and presentation skills, including ability to summarize and concisely share key project information to all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, set direction and solve problems in a fast paced environment.
• Outstanding and proven program/project management skills.
• Outstanding ability to translate a strategic plan or concept into tactical deliverables.
• Outstanding ability to develop an integrated, cross organizational program/project plan.
• Strong ability to provide leadership/mentoring to other team members.
• Proven ability to influence others and to build trusting relationships with clients and peers.
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
• Awareness and understanding of technologies utilized to deliver solutions
• Network or Access Planning experience highly desirable
Bachelor’s or equivalent
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 245952
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.