Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Senior Lead Product Manager for Lumen Edge Platform is responsible for executing the overall strategy for the Edge Platform by driving product development and leading the evolution of the Platform experience. The Senior Lead Product Manager must ensure alignment of the Edge Platform roadmap with product/services roadmaps, Lumen digital experience strategy, and marketing and product development activities. The Sr. Lead Product Manager is responsible for working with Digital and Customer Experience teams, and Edge Service Product Managers to create differentiating Edge Platform experiences for all personas. The Sr. Lead Product Manager must also develop and maintain a high level of collaboration with business product/service managers and operating unit stakeholders in the design, development, and implementation of digital solutions to drive revenue, product innovation and efficiencies in our business.
The Main Responsibilities
- Guide development of the Edge Platform strategy and roadmap.
- Partner with the business product managers to develop a roadmap and prioritized feature development.
- Collaborate with the Customer and Digital experience teams to define the customer needs, wants, and challenges to be solved, while incorporating inputs from additional internal stakeholders.
- Own execution of the Platform roadmap and collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, and business operations to ensure we deliver on the business’ goals.
- Author product development requirements and manage delivery of them from ideation through implementation
- Responsible for implementing functionality and services that span multiple product lines.
- Lead the implementation of new features from ideation to release
- Ensure release goals and commitments are understood by all affected teams.
- Communicate the development progress to the executive and leadership teams
- Be the conscience of the Platform, continuously looking at the services from an end-user’s perspective; driving the complete experience, to best outcome possible for the end-user.
- Ensure the customer experience is represented as a top priority throughout all stages of development.
- Oversee lifecycle management of the platform, ensure all aspects of the platform receive attention, including technical debt and infrastructure as well as new features.
- Work closely with the engineering team on implementation, to ensure that the product meets the specified requirements and create success metrics
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience in working with SAFe Agile development
- Collaborative team player, with empathy for clients and colleagues
- Self-starter, who can proactively identify and solve problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Skilled in balancing risk with time-to-market objectives
Requisition #: 250056
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.