Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Provide expert technical direction in automation effort for the IT Infrastructure organization. This employee will have the overall responsibility of producing and implementing our automation strategy as well as developing processes and training within the Internal Network Solution organization. Partner and collaborate with others in the resolution of interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms. Responsible for ensuring the implementation of technical solutions utilizing expertise learned from multiple and complex client environments. Consult and assess industry advances in technical system technologies.
The Main Responsibilities
- Document administration procedures/instructions for Automation
- Design and implementing overall automation strategy.
- Develop and train team to use and understand automation processes.
- Interface with project and application teams to integrate automation with network devices.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Mentor / cross-train team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management’s direction
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Skilled in using Json, Ansible, Python, Unix, Jinja2skills and being familiar with working with APIs for calling automation,
- Strong documentation & communication skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- A broad range of technical skills with a strong desire to constantly expand skillset
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete goals independently
- Must be a team-player
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience with typically 8+ years Enterprise level support and design experience. Strong experience in operations and application administration & design
Requisition #: 248574
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.