Requisition Number: 44333
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning’s businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Scope of Position: Collaborate across the manufacturing and business operations teams to translate business needs to technical requirements. Acts as a technical subject matter expert (SME) for business and manufacturing IT capabilities. Help to ensure successful delivery of IT capabilities and services to maintain plant operations and stability. Drive the design, build and deployment of new solutions to ensure successful start of production in a new manufacturing facility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deploy and troubleshoot IT infrastructure, equipment and applications for manufacturing capabilities
- Focus on business partner needs and work with them to deliver optimal solutions at lowest possible cost
- Coordinate with global IT organization to leverage technical resources in order to deliver solutions and services effectively.
- Maintain and support business and manufacturing systems as required to sustain appropriate functional capability and security posture
- Work with business partners to identify improvement and cost reduction opportunities
- Manage access requests and approvals with appropriate documentation and change control processes
- Create and maintain documentation of plants systems and applications
- Lead and support the IT portions of business and manufacturing projects
- Maintain data systems and visual displays based on business requirements
- Lead IT efforts by facilitating system requirement discussions, translating them to technical requirements and validating that delivered software meets the business needs
- Support production processes by helping to resolve technical issues with IT systems in a timely and efficient manner
- Collaborate closely with the Division IT to understand and implement programs that drive standardization across the division while ensuring plant business needs are met.
- Lead design of data systems that meet IT and Business needs and follow best practices (i.e. Process automation, flexible architecture, data traceability)
- Delivery of agreed project objectives, on time and on budget
- Document and ensure compliance with Corning’s risk management policies and procedures
- Works across the global IT organization to ensure alignment to global standard solutions and practices
- Provide accurate reporting and systems status data to leadership to enable timely and decisive decision making
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related.
- Familiarity with manufacturing systems and concepts
- Minimum of 3 years of project management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with Camstar MES, OSI Pi, EtQ and ERP integration
- Works well under pressure o Effectively manages priorities
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- 7+ years of IT experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in an FDA regulated manufacturing environment
- Strong troubleshooting and communications skills
- Process improvement certifications (6-Sigma, LEAN, PQA)
- Proficiency in data analysis tools (SQL Server tools, Power BI, etc.)
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Creative and innovative problem solving
- Effective leadership, organization, and planning skills
- Ability to prioritize workload in complex and changing environment
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Must be a self-starter, able to work in team environment and motivate others
Travel: Up to 10%
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.