Job ID: BDH20170501-37803
With projected annual revenues in of nearly$4.5 billion, approximately 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK, Space Components Division, is currently recruiting for a Senior Inspector in our Beltsville, MD location. Successful candidate must have 5 – 10 years of experience inspecting aerospace and / or military structural hardware.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Perform dimensional inspections using stationary and portable CMM equipment.
• Interpret and report results of inspections in accordance with organizational procedures.
• Performs specific analyses of samples of raw materials, packaging components, and bulk, intermediate, or finished products according to established procedures,
• Determine conformance to accepted specifications
• May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
• Interpret, evaluate and communicate drawing requirements
• Participate in the closure of discrepant material issues
• Position could be 1st or 2nd shift
Qualifications for this position include:
• BS degree or college coursework is preferred but not required
• Thorough knowledge in all aspects of GD&T a must.
• Use of all measuring tools and hand set up required.
• Dayshift with the potential of night shift available. Some overtime will be mandatory.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills
• Must be able to bend, stoop & lift up to 25 pounds
• Position may be filled at a lower level.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.