Requisition ID: 232242
Requisition Posting End Date: 05/10/2021
- University/College graduate with BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in the design of electrical power systems for MV and HV (13.8kV to 500kV) power distribution and transmission systems.
- Ability to establish and collate network data for major substations.
- Experienced in protection and control design of MV and HV substations.
- Experienced in indoor GIS equipment design and configurations (33kV to 500kV)
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of mentoring and supervising junior engineers to enhance their technical and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in an integrated customer/Bechtel delivery team.
- Ability to manage varying time-bound priorities.
- Capable of taking ownership of major high voltage utility power system at a city wide level.
- Registered professional/charted engineer.
- Knowledgeable in power system studies and relay coordination studies.
- Detailed knowledge of codes and standards of IEC and other internationally applicable standards.
- Proficient in substation grounding and lightning protection systems design.
- Hands on experience in design of power transmission systems, underground and overhead.
- Proficient in load tabulation and analysis techniques at major substation level.
- Experienced in production of detailed design deliverables and contract documentation for HV and MV electrical networks
- Knowledgeable in substation layout and equipment arrangement considerations..
- Experience with codes, standards, approvals processes, equipment requirements and general workings of the Saudi Electricity Company
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
- A strong design experience on large industrial and infrastructure projects.
- Use of standard computer software applications such as ETAP or equivalents for power system studies.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
- Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline.
- Experienced in design of substation auxiliary AC and DC distribution systems.
- Experience and comprehension of LV equipment and designs.
- Self- motivated individual with good leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging team environment.
- Flexible to take on additional responsibilities.
- Capable of managing multitasking efficiently.
Review and guide the electrical design and documentation of all projects for the Royal Commission (RC) that are part of the growth and expansion of Jubail Industrial City and the Ras-Al-Khair Industrial City (RIC) in the Eastern Province.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Taking ownership of major high voltage utility power system at a city wide level.
- Preparing innovative designs for the continuing expansion of electrical power distribution and transmission systems.
- The review of design consultant’s and main EPC contractor’s design and drawing packages including vendor drawings for major substation projects.
- Monitoring Consultant’s design quality and provide technical guidance.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary coordination meetings.
- Participate in Management Planning meetings.
- Become knowledgeable with third party standards, procedures and approval requirements. Coordinate 3rd party interfaces.
- Provide support to Construction Department. Review construction shop drawings and materials submittals.
- Provide guidance on the preparation of electrical design calculations; load flow, short circuit, grounding and equipment sizing.
- Provide guidance on the use of computer software to perform analysis and design of electrical system and computation of power demand and carry out checks on consultant and EPC contractor produced designs.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.