Additional Work Location(s) :
About the Role
As a Senior Firmware Engineer, you will be collaborating with a team of global engineers to design and develop firmware for embedded video and control products.
What You Will Do
- Design and develop robust and reliable C/C++ firmware for video and control embedded products.
- Lead design and architecture decisions marshaling collaboration as required for product responsibilities.
- Manage assigned tasks and schedules for both self and team.
- Follow engineering standards and best practices for firmware development and code validation.
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers to bring products to the video and control industry.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of C/C++ programming and debugging in embedded Linux with a full understanding of OOP/OOD concepts and practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience writing low-level communication drivers for I2C, SPI, serial, Ethernet/IP, or USB. Experience with Device Tree architectures.
- Experience in multiple layers of Linux development including driver, kernel, bootloader, and application.
What is Nice to Have
- Video over IP development experience.
- BSP and hardware bring-up experience.
- Experience with Linux Yocto build environment
- Experience working in a global matrixed organization
- Atlassian Tools (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket)
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel 5% domestically and/or internationally.
- Be willing to work in an office in Richardson, TX.
- Be able to successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment.
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, Harman/Kardon, etc.).
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the world.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages career development opportunities.
- Professional development opportunities through HARMAN University’s business and leadership academies and extensive course catalog.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)