You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that offers great resources to help you achieve your greatest potential. At Foodbuy, our solutions strengthen supplier relationships, customize offerings, and lower purchasing and production costs. In turn, we can give our passionate employees ongoing opportunities to grow. Join us.
Why work with Foodbuy? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support Services Company. We extend our value-driven purchasing service model to external clients who benefit from our negotiated contracts with manufacturers that support food and beverage and facility management suppliers.
Reporting to the Director of Finance – Foodbuy, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for monthly reporting and analysis for the Member Development Business and support in the successful execution of the annual budgets and rolling forecasts.
Now, if you were to come on board as our Senior Financial Analyst, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage the weekly forecasting process for the Member revenue and profit
- Ensure the quality of information by regularly updating and maintaining Power BI Dashboards
- Manage the annual budget process, working with the Account Managers and SLT to ensure that the bottom-up and top-down budgets align
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement the monthly rolling forecast model providing trending analysis to support the forecast
- Coordinate and consolidate all month end reporting and present variances and drivers to the leadership team
- Support the contract renegotiation process through financial modeling, pricing and post-mortem analysis
- Monitor new business sales and onboarding and perform the calculation of sales commissions and incentives
Think you have what it takes to be our Senior Financial Analyst? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Degree in Finance and Accounting field required
- Accounting designation i.e. CPA, CMA, CGA strongly preferred
- Strong attention to detail as well as critical thinking and analytical skills
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in FP&A field is preferred
- Proficient in Excel and intermediate level functionalities (V-lookups, pivot tables etc.)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, analytically inclined and team player
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet frequent deadlines
- Positive attitude with the willingness to accept flexibility in assignments and the desire to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to excel
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.