Req Id: 320455
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The Enterprise Architecture team within Bell IT is focused on evolving business capabilities to enable the business to anticipate and dynamically respond to market forces. This position will support the Bell Business Markets (BBM) business organization and as a result is perfectly suited for those individuals accustomed to constant change in their environment. It involves shaping and designing architecture based on strategic business and operating models. Develop principles, strategies and frameworks to ensure standards compliance across the business. Develop and maintain strategic and technology roadmaps in co-operation with IT delivery and business stakeholders. Develop and maintain a strategic vision for the delivery of IT based on key business drivers. Provide advice on strategy to executive management team. Liaise with solutions architects in each IT and business process domain to develop standards. Produce models to describe the artefacts, principles, frameworks and strategy. Lead the development of capabilities in all facets of strategic and tactical implementation from conception to post deployment. Provide architecture due diligence views for all critical projects in IT project development funnel that influence the strategic architecture plan.
- Responsible to provide leadership to IT enterprise and domain architects in terms of ensuring a common understanding of the EA
- Provides oversight for Architecture generalists throughout the company and domain specialist architects resident in other organization units.
- Coordinates architecture practitioners throughout the company by building an Enterprise Architecture community of practice by fostering a strong working relationship with other enterprise architects, domain architects, BSA’s and solution architect practitioners
- Provides oversight and direction of the expertise for the development and establishment of Enterprise Architectures for Business Process, Information, Applications, and Infrastructure in coordination with Director of IT and Business Units
- Provides oversight and direction of the expertise in the mapping and monitoring of technologies underlying business capabilities, as well as emerging new uses and standards
- Provides oversight and direction of the expertise for the development of technology standards, the exploration of technologies for service innovation and business support and the establishment of strategies to implement Enterprise Architecture models
- Key advisor to the Chief Information Officer, VP’s IT, IT Directors and Business Directors
- Broad knowledge of business process including disaster recovery, business continuity and risk management and especially those described by the Telemanagement Forum (TMF) through their eTOM, TAM and implemented through their Open Digital Architecture (ODA)
- Demonstrated knowledge of EA frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence at all levels.
- Knowledge and understanding of corporate policy.
- The ability to produce effective strategies and design principles.
- The ability to think laterally and constructively question established process.
- Strategic and analytical thinking.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of 5G, IOT and Cloud market and technology trends.
- Knowledge and understanding of agile and DevOps software development lifecycle processes and methods along with cloud-ready and cloud-native technologies.
- Bilingualism (French and English) an asset
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 09/24/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.