Additional Work Location(s) :
Essential Responsibilities of a Senior Software Engineer:
- Working knowledge of software development tools.
- Working knowledge of software development processes.
- Working knowledge of embedded operating systems.
- Analyze customer/internal requirements and specifications and translate these into software designs.
- Develop high quality software code based on designs.
- Perform extensive unit and system level testing to insure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bus, and/or port to different platforms.
- Participates in internal and customer driven design reviews throughout program.
- Coordinates software development activities with software team leader.
- Identifies product requirement or performance issues. Works with software team leader to negotiate resolution. – Communicate with peers inside the Harman group to coordinate software development. This includes occasional travel for training or coordination with other groups.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- Manages large projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating, and developing requirements in compliance with the established software development process.
- Works with the customer to further define requirements and to resolve issues..
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent – 5+ years of embedded software development.
- 5+ years of Java/C++ or other structured language.
- 5+ years of Android Framework Development Or Kernel Development.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent – Working knowledge of Android or Embedded Linux.
- Experience creating Android applications is a plus.
- Good understanding of JNI Integration Layer, HIDL.
- Knowledge about client-server architectures, Design Patterns – Strong attention to detail.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing complex software defects.
- Capable project management and time management skills.
- Willingness to travel 5% of the time
- Willingness to work in an office in Bangalore
- Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. (www.harman.com)