Who We Are Looking For:
The Harvesting Software and Electronics Team at AGCO Hesston Operations has an immediate opening for a Senior Embedded Software Engineer. The successful candidate support the development of embedded software as it relates to current product maintenance and new products/feature introduction on AGCO’s Harvesting Platforms. Some of the desired capabilities for the person filling this role are:
What You Will Do:
- In areas of design responsibility: participate in software code review, troubleshoot and repair software problems
- Integrate, develop and deploy software
- Experience debugging/interpreting vehicle bus data using CANoe, CANalyzer, CAPL, PCAN, CANtrace, or other similar tool.
- Machine control tuning and troubleshooting software as it relates to harvesting equipment
- Create testing scenarios with test engineers.
- Workflow Automation
- Validate the integration of internal and external supplier’s components into harvesting equipment.
- Interface to the electrical and mechanical design teams to define required interfaces.
What You Will Bring:
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Agricultural Engineering or other related technical areas.
- 5-7 years experience in development of real-time embedded control systems using Matlab/Simulink modeling tools.
- Experience in writing embedded software using C and C++.
- Experience with defining software and hardware interfaces.
- In depth knowledge of CAN communications
- Experience in a structured development environment.
- Experience using a version control system, for example SVN.
A Plus If You Have:
- UML and Automated code generation tools
- ISO11783 CAN communication protocol.
- Experience with Labview/Veristand.
- 3 years concurrent experience in development on off road, heavy equipment or agricultural equipment preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey requirements, root cause analysis, new strategies, processes/approaches to a variety of internal or external audiences
- Ability to address and resolve issues in an objective, fact-based, professional fashion
- Ability to inspire confidence in project sponsors, owners and participants
- Motivated self starter who can relate well to a diverse multidiscipline development
What We Offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of You” – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Willingness to travel when required.
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now.