At Goal Zero, an NRG owned company; our mission is to empower people with a bright, safe, connected, and sustainable future by delivering smart, portable power solutions designed for everyone, everywhere. As the market leader in portable solar power, Goal Zero solar panels, power stations, and accessories give a new breed of consumers and outdoor enthusiasts the power to go farther, regardless of their gear’s battery life. We invite you to join our adventure as the Senior Electrical Engineering Technician.
GOAL ZERO is looking for a qualified Senior Electrical Engineering Technician to test and repair Goal Zero products during the development process to facilitate a consistent and positive customer service experience that is in line with our brand in the portable power market. The successful candidate will have significant education and/or experience with board level electronics and have an understanding of fundamental principles of electronics, as well as the equipment used to test and modify electronics, with specific experience on power or consumer electronics a plus. A dedication to and focus on high quality outcomes is a must, combining technical skills and detail oriented work to become a high performance member of our team.
In addition to technical expertise, the idea candidate will have an extreme ownership mentality towards receiving, committing to, and delivering on tasks, as well as picking up gray space or undefined responsibilities with an eye toward the overall success of our product through the lens of a great customer experience. Strong communication skills are critical.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Perform product testing, validating hardware and firmware specifications as well as running tests with an eye towards the customer experience
- Operate, create, and improve equipment and accessories for testing and custom orders
- Guide less experienced technicians with proper safety, test, and workmanship practices.
- Provide technical support for escalated issues from Customer Service and other business departments
- Assist the Quality Engineering, Engineering, and Project Management teams as needed with soldering, testing, logistics, and technical efforts
- Clean and organize workshop
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field or equivalent work experience, with an additional 5 years of engineering tech experience
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of lab equipment and tools, including multi-meters, electronic loads, electronic supplies and oscilloscopes
- Fundamentals of electronics, including an understanding of current, voltage, and resistance
- Open office environment – Primary
- Evening and weekend work as job duties demand, especially in collaborating and syncing up with overseas partners
- Occasionally requires lifting up to 50lbs as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities
- Domestic and International Travel up to 10% may be required
Goal Zero is committed to a drug and alcohol-free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf).
Level, Title, and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources.