Req. ID: 275602
Recruiter: Cheah Yin Tong
As a EHS Engineer at MMP you will be primarily responsible for managing environmental compliance and supporting activities to meet regulatory requirements. You will required to prepare, review, and filing of permit applications and regulatory reports.You will be the contact point of interaction and communication with representatives from regulatory agencies You will need to work closely with the legal department, site operations teams, process engineers, and facilities engineers to maintain company compliance.
Responsibility & Task
- Site steward for ISO14001, RBA requirements and the new management system that to be introduced standard ISO45001 (MMP site chosen to be audited 2021)
- Ensure compliance on Scrubber Operation, Industrial Effluent Treatment System, Schedule Waste & Sewerage Treatment Plant
- Coordinate & Lead MMY Emergency Response Team (ERT) as per Emergency Response Plan/Procedure (Bomba, FM Global, NFPA & Micron Global)
- Plans and Manages Environmental Compliance and Adherence to Micron’s EHS Policy
- Ensure inspection, reporting and record keeping requirements are completed
- Conduct internal auditing & reporting
- Provides technical guidance on licensing of air pollution control equipment, industrial effluent, schedule waste management & sewage
- Perform proactive environmental performance monitoring for air pollution control equipment, industrial effluent, schedule waste management
- Performance monitoring for sewage treatment plant STP
- Develop, implement, waste reduction program, energy conservation & water harnessing program
- Cradle to grave chemical management – procurement to disposal of chemical as per international GHS standard
- Lead EHS Improvement Projects i.e. S.A.F.E
- Responsible for development of an industrial hygiene surveillance system to align global IH operations and monitoring and analysis.
- Perform EHS evaluation on projects retrofit, tool hook up, facility expansion
- Degree in environmental science/engineering or EHS equivalents
- Registered Safety & Health Officer (SHO) with DOSH
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or submit: Job Information Request Form to: TJA@micron.com.
Keywords: Penang || Pulau Pinang (MY-07) || Malaysia (MY) || Backend Manufacturing || Experienced || Regular || Facilities/Site Services || #LI-JT2 || Tier 4 ||