A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 200,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states.
Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
The primary duty of this position is managing a team that is focused on driving revenue growth within our existing customers. Duties include leading a growing team that is focused on upselling and retention within our existing customer base, managing C-suite level customer relationships, maximizing account growth by leading and executing strategic vision of assigned accounts, assist with new business development and building strategies to help customers achieve their goals and the team meet their targets.
***This position can be worked REMOTE from any city in the Southeast. ***
• Develop and execute purchasing strategy
• Implement Foodbuy programs
• Identify savings opportunities
• Support sector culinary/ product innovation and initiatives
• Identify revenue opportunities within each account (i.e. Product, Channel, Region, etc.), and quantify the revenue potential
• Conduct regular customer business reviews to ensure alignment, document value, and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
• Responsible for all aspects of financial management of managed accounts including account profitability, budget management, tracking and reporting and billing
• Network within accounts to develop relationships with key stakeholders, influencers and decision makers
• Own the customer experience and drive operational excellence for a positive customer experience and ease of doing business
• Assist with new business development proposals for strategic planning of proposals to potential customers
• Develop, plan, monitor, train and manage all account initiatives (internal and external)Identify “best practices, solutions and automation processes” that would enable scaling across all accounts
• Visit each client frequently to review product adoption, showcase new or upcoming programs, and align on mutual goals
• Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas
• Serve as the primary escalation point and advocate for critical customer issues, collaborating with other departments as needed
• Undertake people management responsibilities, including but not restricted to, generating training and development plans, carrying out performance appraisals and dealing with performance related issues
• Achieve renewals of annual contracts while developing and closing add-on sales to your assigned customer base
• Develop and maintain strong relationships within managed accounts to enhance business opportunities
• Maintain an understanding of company solutions and industry knowledge to effectively drive greater customer engagement on the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
• Lead a team to establish, develop and grow relationships with managed accounts
• Work closely with departmental leadership team to align the goals and actions of the account management team with the overall strategic goals of the organization
• Create clear and concise written materials and presentations (e.g., strategic account plans, executive business reviews)
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 8+ years’ experience in enterprise B2B organizations or customer success
• 8+ years’ experience as a business leader with supervisory experience / liaison responsible for coordinating complex issues within and between departments
• Bachelor’s degree strongly recommended or equivalent work experience, MBA a plus
• Channel specific experience a plus
• Strong understanding of supply chain procurement
• A strong understanding of the financial, commercial, technological and social aspects of business and value chain and how it relates to the competitive environment
• Management techniques with an exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to navigate and influence across the organization horizontally and vertically, without direct authority
• Ability to build effective long-term interpersonal relationships proactively across functions both within the organization and external parties (including senior level executives), working with others towards mutually acceptable solutions.
• Proven ability to engage others and handle interactions with individuals or groups to obtain commitment, compromise or settlement in a way that promotes win-win solutions and mutual goals or interests.
• Highly motivated with a keen attention to detail while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent organization, time management, and project management skills; Ability to prioritize
• Detail oriented and have the ability to set priorities and be flexible in a changing environment
• Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications is required
• Superior presentation and influencing skills with an ability to liaise at all levels
• Strong understanding of business processes and their implementation into enterprise applications
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to draw conclusions and insights from large and small data sets, quickly and accurately
• Proven record in developing strategic business plans and managing cross-functional projects
• Ability to achieve results: be action-oriented and possess tenacity; demonstrated self-starter with the ability to work independently to create value
• Ability to travel up to 50%
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 512450
Atlanta, Ga; Charlotte, NC