Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Senior Director, Global Compensation for Lumen will lead and build a global team of compensation professionals, who are deep subject matter experts and keen to develop cutting-edge compensation solutions that attract, retain, and motivate employees for Lumen, the platform for amazing things. You understand the potential of compensation to transform a company’s ability to keep current employees engaged and beat competitors to key talent as part of a Total Rewards solution. You will work with HR partners and recruiters, as well as managers and business leaders, to help them achieve their business goals while ensuring equity for all employees, compliance with federal and state legal requirements through fact-based compensation decisions.
The senior leader will provide key services to Lumen’s 38,000 employees across 37 countries and be responsible for setting, implementing, and evolving a comprehensive compensation strategy as part of our global Total Rewards Team. You will lead our compensation strategy and execution and a team of 8-10 people to drive excellence in functional compensation decisions. You will collaborate with our People Analytics and Technology teams to further evolve our compensation systems and data.
The Main Responsibilities
- Create our global compensation strategy and priorities in partnership with the Executive Compensation team and other Total Rewards leaders. Set the future direction and priorities for Lumen Total Rewards as a key member of the leadership team, looking ahead to Lumen’s future priorities and helping HR arrive at the right solutions and investment
- Build a culture of partnership and collaboration across the matrixed compensation team that provides global solutions
- Advocate for the design and administration of innovative functional compensation solutions
- Put processes in place to ensure that compensation questions are answered in a timely and efficient way and are aligned with local laws & practices
- Lead a diverse team to deliver a full-service compensation model including advising, core deliverables (e.g. annual compensation review) and operational tasks/requests
- Drive a global compensation survey strategy and approach that delivers consistent market pricing that is also reflecting region/country-specific context
- Deliver global projects based on overall HR prioritization including annual review, salary planning, market pricing, M&A, etc
- Leverage analytics to measure the effectiveness of existing Compensation plans, policies, and administrative procedures. Oversee the development of new plans or modifications to existing programs, administrative policies and practices to support Company objectives
- Provide leadership to staff on special projects
- Manage the development and maintenance of the job description and evaluation process
- Act as a consultant for management and other Company personnel related to job classification, incentive compensation, and salary administration programs. Provide guidance and direction on complex or unusual situations and policy interpretations
- Support Company’s labor relations efforts during contract negotiation by providing data analysis and recommendations based on competitive market information and job analysis, as requested
- Develop creative and innovative recommendations to enhance the program effectiveness or streamline administrative procedures. Identify opportunities to utilize new technologies or vendors to enhance program effectiveness and control administrative costs
- Executive Compensation & Sales Compensation are outside the scope of this role, but you would be partnering closely with the leaders of those teams
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 12+ years professional HR experience, with at least 6-7 in leadership roles in Compensation or similar Rewards functions.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, economics or management.
- Strong business acumen with a highly analytical orientation.
- Solid decision-making, problem solving, consulting, influencing, relational and partnering skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to adapt to a variety of audiences.
- Results oriented, high energy, and hands-on leader with demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar human resource management system.
- Project leadership experience.
- Highly adaptable to rapidly changing priorities
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Education and Experience:
- Professional certification from World at Work (CCP).
- Master’s degree in business administration, economics or management preferred.
- Experience with all facets of Executive Compensation including short and long-term incentive plan development and administration as well as base pay administration.
- Experience developing, implementing, and administering sales incentive programs.
Requisition #: 248523
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.