Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Work from Home (Excluding Colorado)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This person will lead the UX design efforts for Lincoln’s Life Insurance websites and mobile app, targeted toward current and future Clients, Financial Professionals, Wholesalers and Strategic Partners. This individual will be responsible for the holistic vision and design on a new program creating the next-generation of Life Product manufacturing and user experience across the entire life cycle of the relationship. This individual will regularly consult with senior IT and Business leaders and deliver on a variety of complex digital projects designed to improve the overall customer experience and provide more self-service options. The ideal candidate will easily navigate and deliver on all areas of user experience including prototyping, visual and interactive design, journey mapping, usability testing, and will have experience working in an agile environment. S/he will ensure all designs and recommendations support enterprise standards for compliance, accessibility (ADA) and branding. This individual will also demonstrate a high degree of creativity and passion when brainstorming and delivering designs, partnering with IT and business stakeholders and other UX designers within IT.
- Creates and delivers actionable designs using relevant tools including wireframes, sketches, mockups, user journeys, stories, and image assets.
- Builds prototypes, low and high-fidelity and functional wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows to effectively communicate design ideas that meet/exceed business requirements.
- Champions and enhances organizational customer experience initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within the digital design space.
- Collaborates within an Agile pod, engaging business partners and internal stakeholders on UX design and interaction flow to enhance existing or new website pages to increase customer adoption of online tools to retain and grow business.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders and IT to analyze increasingly complex user and business workflows to understand and develop requirements, conceptualize new ideas, and to achieve quality design solutions.
- Conducts ADA assessments and provides ADA guidance to other UX Designers, IT and business partners to ensure enterprise compliance with ADA standards.
- Uses survey responses, business partner input, customer usage metrics, usability research, product requirements, and internal feedback to understand and deliver optimal design options.
- Collaborates with other UX designers to maintain up-to-date and accurate UX standards.
- Presents design ideas clearly and with enthusiasm, demonstrating a high level of competency and confidence.
- Participates in/conducts usability testing and user research and visualizes findings.
- Maintains knowledge and skills related to design tools, market research, testing methods/strategies, compliance standards and enterprise level content management systems.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex digital design assignments/projects.
- Conducts more complex customer research including ethnographic, customer testing and usability reviews; communicates research findings and recommendations to internal stakeholders.
4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors)_Minimum Required in Visual Design, Computer Science, Information Systems, IT, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5 – 7+ Years in user experience design and development directly aligned to the specific responsibilities for this position. (Required)
- Proficient with UX design/wireframe/prototyping tools (Axure preferred)
- Presentation programs (PowerPoint)
- Solid strength in accessibility design evaluations and detailed knowledge of ADA WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with active participation in all ceremonies
- Understanding of Responsive Design and creating layout for different form factors, cross-browser design and development.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.