Req Id: 288491
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Bell Media DevSecOps team is looking for a DevSecOps Engineer in order to build, automate, and support development teams for the implementation of promotional and transactional websites and mobile applications owned by Bell Media (TV, Radio, RDS, TSN, CTV News, and more). The position requires using and implementing Agile Scrum development methodologies in every research, analysis, prototyping and interface development initiative (web, application software, mobile).
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Work with teams to find innovative solutions and deliver value and increased security
- Improve developer’s productivity and quality through automation and productivity tools;
- Integrate security tools and practice within the DevOps process;
- Establish and maintain heterogeneous environments for a multitude of Services and Applications;
- Provide improvement suggestions regarding the security, usability, performance, maintainability, and scalability of existing environments;
- Participate in the analysis, design, and development of new Services;
- Provide accurate estimates based on business requirements;
- Understand and apply Scrum rules and principles in every task;
- Develop and maintain security automation tools
Required Qualifications/ Competencies:
- +5 years of prior experience in relevant positions;
- Strong understanding of development workflow & tooling including VMs and Docker;
- Experience with Gitlab-ci or similar CICD tools like Travis-ci or Jenkins;
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with attention to details;
- Experience in software development;
- Experience with Cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, GCP) using native services;
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tools like Ansible and Terraform;
- Experience with automating and managing Infrastructure and IT Operations;
- Experience with Linux based systems (Redhat, Ubuntu);
- Experience with Docker;
- Proficiency in Python and/or Go;
- Experience with SAST tools like SonarQube or Checkmarx;
- Experience with virtualization platforms;
- Solid knowledge of IP Networks;
- Autonomy and an ability to learn;
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders;
- Familiarity with Information Security frameworks/standards;
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience;
- Strong communications skills;
- Relevant certifications
- Experience with OpenStack
- Agile methodology, Scrum
- Experience with web frameworks;
- Experience with Relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, MariaDB or other);
- Experience in NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB);
- Experience with Maven, Git, Tomcat, Jenkins;
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (APIs and SDKs);
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 06/13/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.