Req Id: 293654
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell is making unmatched investments in our world-leading broadband fibre and wireless networks because we know they’re the backbone of the products and services our customers love. If you’re excited about transforming the way people connect, our Network team is the right place for you.
Big Data and AI are one of the fastest growing business and technology disciplines. Specifically in Telecom Voice services, there are great opportunities to utilize vast amounts of data to enable enhanced services and to evolve network planning, engineering and operation using Big Data, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Bell’s Voice Wireline Network Orchestration and Data Insights (Voice WNODI) is a relatively new team focused on utilizing Big Data, advanced analytics and machine learning technologies to enable Bell’s AI powered networks. This is a rare opportunity for seasoned data and analytics professional to join our fast growing team of Big Data experts and data scientists to design and develop data solutions to support the Bell Voice network and shape the future of Bell’s AI capabilities.
As a member of the Voice WNODI team , you will play a leading role in proactively analyzing, designing, engineering Network Big Data and AI/ML solutions to address the business needs of the Bell’s Voice planning and operations teams.
- Lead a virtual team of data scientists and data engineers in the design, development and deployment of AI-enabled solutions to address complex business problems
- Ensure proper usage of state of the art big data technologies to meet business goals in line with internal architectural guideline
- Identify and evaluate future technologies that may have a significant impact on the environment or technology by improving performance and efficiency, decreasing costs, or enabling new revenue sources
- Research and recommend architectural solutions to complex business problems that can benefit from the use of AI/ML tools and techniques
- Apply expertise and leadership in technical solutions, work closely with solution providers, product management, enterprise architects, data engineers and data scientists.
- End to end thinking to proactively consider customer experience and operational support in their designs/architecture
- Ability to bring together cross-functional teams across Network, Information Technology and others to collaborate, design and deliver Use Cases/Solutions that create business value for Bell
- Ability to oversee and work simultaneously on different requirements with a variety of projects and short timelines
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years architectural experience preferably in a data environment
- Knowledge and expertise in designing data platforms and solutions
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence algorithms and approaches
- Experience in enterprise data modeling, data normalization
- Experience with data collection and streaming, e.g. Kafka, Logstash, Rsyslog
- Experience working with Big Data / Hadoop (preferably Cloudera) environments
- Experience developing solutions using Java/Scala, Python
- Experience working with CI/CD tools and approaches
- Advanced skills with SQL and database systems, e.g. Impala, Hive, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, etc.
- Familiarity working with web services, REST and APIs including SOAP/XML protocol and RESTful APIs
- Exposure to analytics tools as Microstrategy, Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Highly analytical skills and ability to work with large and complex technical data sets
- Ability to work within an agile setting
- Self-starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels
- Good business acumen to ensure technical solutions are created with business focus
- Very good analytical capabilities as well as organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are necessary (written, verbal and presentation skills)
- Experience working in the Telecommunications or Media industries is an asset
- Played a leading role in the delivery of multiple end-to-end projects
- Is easily acquainted to new technologies
- Telecom Operations and Engineering knowledge (wireless, wireline and TV/Media networks)
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Programming/Software Development experience
- Knowledge of ML technologies and techniques
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Montreal || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Newfoundland : St. John’s || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Quebec City
Application Deadline: 06/24/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.