Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 110199 – New York, New York, United States
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day is comprised of connecting with others across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions.
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our trustworthy household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities.
As the brand with the highest household presence in the world, we go beyond physical boundaries. We win as a global organization by continually learning and collaborating. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, fosters experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success. If you are passionate about working for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile…every single day.
The Corporate Audit team at Colgate-Palmolive is looking for a multi-skilled Data Scientist to lead and build out our technological stack across risk, assurance & internal controls, and leverage analytics techniques to identify insights from our data to drive audit strategy and tactics. The successful candidate will apply data analytics techniques from both traditional statistics and machine learning to a combination of third party, publicly available and Colgate-Palmolive proprietary datasets, with the goal of answering business and risk questions.
- In collaboration with the Director of Audit, develop data-driven approaches and infrastructure to advise and accelerate strategies and tactics in support of the audit charter, by building robust Artificial Intelligence (ML, NLP, NLG, and DL) capabilities which can be scalable across multiple business use cases. Along with the Director of Audit, establish, run, and communicate data analytics guidelines and standards as well as establish, supervise, and improve analytics critical metrics for the department.
- Collaborate with partners to craft and deploy Machine Learning services that can be integrated with strategic systems. Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets. Research and develop statistical learning models using complex mathematical concepts including multivariate analysis, Bayesian methods, decision trees and random forest, gradient boosting, linear regression, logistic regression, and optimization. Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis.
- Work with cross functional teams to capture, wrangle, cleanse, structure, build models and coordinate with them implement models and monitor outcomes. Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques. Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint. Strong experience in developing, validating testing and delivering high quality algorithms, with complete documentation of the approach, techniques used and traceability
- Develop extensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals. Think strategically to use reusable components within the department and state of the art available externally when building the capabilities. Resolve a variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of sophisticated business processes, system processes, and industry standards. Translate functional requirements or specifications into technical solutions, and implement the solutions with plans and execution.
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in sophisticated data sets using various regression, classification or clustering ML approaches
- Build visualizations to represent data for consumption by different audiences; Communicate results with the appropriate level of detail, context and clarity needed.
- Mentoring and coaching more junior members of the team.
What you’ll need…
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field. Master’s preferred.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience working in a quantitative business environment
- Proficiency in statistical programming environments (such as R, Python or similar.) Familiarity with Dataiku is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools (such as plotly, ggplot2, Google Data Studio, Sigma computing, Tableau, or similar.)
- Proficiency of statistical concepts (probability, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, etc.)
- Ability to travel per audits’ demand (up to 50%)
- Consumer Goods Industry experience & managerial experience preferred
You can apply to work at Colgate with us using this online application. Attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by email are not considered in the selection process.
Become part of our team. We look forward to your application!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.