When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
The Senior Customer Service Representative is a client-facing role that handles inquiries via toll-free line or general service email box from clients / brokers in Select and Middle Market segments up to five thousand lives.
This role will serve as a triage unit for all work coming into Client Services for simple and complex inquiries, as well as escalated service situations. The Client Guide Representative will work independently to process the inquiry / request or determine the appropriate area to handle. The Client Guide Sr. Representative is a results-oriented problem solver who is considered an expert in customer service.
- Answer inbound calls and e-mails from clients and brokers in the Select and Middle Market segments, gather critical information, swiftly assess type of inquiry and the level of complexity determine to process or direct the work to the appropriate area for handling.
- Interact professionally with clear, effective communication and set the appropriate expectations on timeline of deliverables. Conduct timely follow ups as needed to keep client / broker informed of status.
- Responsible for handling inquiries, such as form requests, EOI and claims status, contact changes, billing / commission questions and providing timely responses to the client or broker.
- Manage and monitor requests within internal systems and refer changes to support team, while still maintaining oversight of delivery for timeliness and accuracy.
- Coordinate with internal business partners to ensure client needs are met and potential problems are averted.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with appropriate Cigna resources to resolve service inquiries.
- Develop and maintain business partnerships to ensure service issues are managed proactively, accurately and effectively with all business partners.
- Possess extensive knowledge of products and services and a thorough understanding of processes related to servicing clients / brokers.
- Participate in regularly scheduled feedback, training and information exchange sessions with key business partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent previously related work experience
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in customer service and insurance highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of New York Life Group Benefit Solutions products and services.
- Ability to quickly understand the client’s needs and expectations.
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced, customer service environment.
- Demonstrated organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve issues to resolution.
- Preferred minimum 2+ years’ experience with multiple software and system-based applications, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong verbal / written communication and organizational skills to effectively communicate and interact with all levels and functions within the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple and divergent priorities and deadlines, high volume of service requests and work independently and proactively, negotiate and manage expectations for mutually acceptable solutions.
Competitive full-time base salary, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
Job Requisition ID: 83298