Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
All Available Locations: Vancouver
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career and personal aspirations, in a positive and collaborative work environment? Read more below!
What will your typical day look like?
Senior Consultants focus on helping our clients design, implement and assess strategic and operational risk and control practices. They effectively serve client needs and develop strong advisory relationships with clients while displaying teamwork, integrity, and leadership. Our team utilizes leading-edge technology and data analytics toolsets to continually learn and deliver business insights in order to provide value-added and relevant analyses of an organization's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
Our Deloitte Risk Advisory team helps our clients better manage strategic and operational risks. Our professionals help organizations enhance the effectiveness, quality, and value received from their governance, risk management, and internal control processes. Our broad understanding of risks and controls and related areas of operational improvement, combined with our specific industry sector and market knowledge and subject-matter specialists, help our clients confirm that their processes and controls are designed appropriately, and are operating effectively and efficiently to bring the greatest possible value to the organizations.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business Administration, Commerce, or other relevant program required
- Relevant accounting/audit designation(s) (e.g. CPA or CIA)
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR), SOX, CSOX (NI 52-109).
- Experience in developing process documents i.e. narratives, flowcharts, and risk & control matrices.
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability, diligence, and follow-through in conducting assignments and can cope with changing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be organized and methodical, with strong attention to detail and ability to analyze and interpret information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity; demonstrated ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse group of clients and colleagues
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.