Additional Locations: (n/a)
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Senior Clinical Sourcing Specialist
The Senior Clinical Sourcing Specialist position can be located in Marlborough, MA, Minnesota offices or Remote.
About the Role:
As part of the Global Clinical Sourcing team for Boston Scientific we are seeking a Senior Clinical Sourcing Specialist to lead and drive specific sub-categories within a global sourcing team supporting internal Global Clinical Customers across all Divisions and all Regions.
The Clinical Sourcing Specialist will directly support the execution of commercial contracts with Clinical vendors. Duties will include administration of Clinical vendor contracts, executing category sourcing events (RFIs, RFPs, etc.), reporting clinical sourcing performance, and performing ad-hoc analysis and reports. This specialist will also own the Clinical Sourcing procedures and strive for continuous improvements.
Your Responsibilities Include:
• Provides analytical and administrative support to Global Clinical Sourcing, including:
• Contract management and administration
• Tracking and reporting of cost savings and avoidance
• Support of quality processes such as audits, NCEPs, and CAPAs
• Support of procurement processes such as AVL updates and vendor changes
• Maintenance of relevant systems and databases
• Own Clinical sourcing procedures and its enhancements.
• Executes and manages sourcing events for the Clinical Category such as creating RFIs/RFPs, analyzing proposals, and facilitating supplier selection.
• Maintains sourcing and supplier performance metrics, facilitates supplier business reviews, and supports reporting to the Vendor Management Advisory Board (VMAB).
• Supports internal Clinical customers across all Divisions and Regions.
• Collaborates with internal partners (e.g. Clinical Quality, Legal, etc.) to meet Clinical objectives and maintain compliance requirements.
• Supports development of the annual Clinical Category Plan via research, analytics, and development of presentation materials.
• Contributes to the development and implementation of Clinical Sourcing Strategies that align with business objectives and drive cost savings.
• Assists Clinical Sourcing Category Leader in the preparation and distribution of periodic reports relating to the overall performance the category.
• Manages transfer of knowledge, best practices and training of sourcing specific tools and system
• Engages with suppliers for bidding and contract negotiations.
What We’re Looking For:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, or equivalent discipline.
• 6-9 years’ experience in Clinical Sourcing, Vendor Management, Contracts, Sourcing, Procurement and/or Purchasing.
• Experience leading and managing projects with cross functional teams.
• Solid analytical skills and attention to details.
• Good communication and client service skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with suppliers and employees.
• Demonstrated project management skills; ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
• Demonstrates professionalism, tact, and good judgment.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, etc.
• General Clinical experience.
• Experience dealing with outsourcing Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Corelabs and/or Clinical support technologies and services.
• Program management experience across multiple projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Experience with Procurement tools / systems.
• Contract administration experience.
• Oncology study or Product support experience preferred
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.