Req Id: 288472
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
The Bell Residential Services (BRS) department is a fast paced and dynamic environment within the Information Technology (IT) organization. The team delivers projects to enable new product introductions, improve customer experience, increase process automation, and modernize Telco architecture for the consumer segment.
The IT Strategy and Solution Architecture team within BRS IT focuses on exploring business challenges, providing consulting expertise to refine requirements, innovating system solutions, and creating strategy plans to transform Telco architecture. Our goal is to enable faster execution, optimized cost structure, and build scalable IT solutions. Our team is comprised of business-focused solution architects that bring a strong balance of telco business acumen coupled with technical expertise.
We are looking for experienced critical thinkers with an innovative approach to solving business problems with IT solutions – these are individuals who will not settle for the status quo, who are curious, and who are willing to continue to learn both the strategy and technical aspects of our business. If you are interested in an exciting opportunity to conceptualize ideas, lead cross-functional teams, and join a high performance team of talented thought leaders, we encourage you to apply!
The Senior Business Solutions Architect will need to consult with various stakeholders to recognize business and technology challenges, design IT solutions in partnership with other subject matter experts, and evaluate vendor proposals for systems development. A successful candidate will strive to explore solution options to every problem and be prepared to provide well thought out recommendations to stakeholders and executives. They will consult with Enterprise Architecture teams to negotiate functional placement of new capability, and balance pragmatic constraints of cost and time vs. long-term sustainability of IT solutions.
- Building end to end IT conceptual solutions based on business requirements and IT architecture standards
- Lead IT assessments, collaborating with various external vendors and internal IT partners
- Provide an array of IT solution options, and propose solid recommendations
- Negotiate scope, timelines, costs and constraints with cross functional teams
- Lead executive briefings to review IT solutions to seek buy-in
- Provide subject matter expertise consultation to business unit primes and other internal IT teams, building professional relationships across the organization
- Contribute to sizing opportunities as part of long range planning
- Undertake process improvement initiatives to strengthen the team and improve operational efficiency
- Continuous learning, staying current with business operations, internal systems and technology, and industry trends
- Minimum 7 years of IT solution architecture experience or of senior IT consulting experience in an engagement manager role for the telecom industry
- MBA, Computer Science, or Engineering degrees would be an asset
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and high tolerance of ambiguity
- Polished written and verbal communication skills
- Professional business acumen and solid critical thinking
- Demonstrated ability to learn; both complex technical concepts and telecom business processes
- Aptitude to link business value with technology
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguity and manage changing priorities
- Ability to deal with conflict, negotiate outcomes, influence stakeholders, and foster strong partnerships
- Fluent with systems and technology concepts (TM forum standards, Telco BSS/OSS architecture, order management/billing/CRM systems)
- Strong experience designing and implementing RESTful web services
- Experience with DevOps methods and technologies: CI/CD, Automation, (Git, Jenkins, Gradle, etc.)
- Knowledge of modern architecture design concepts including Microservices, Domain Driven Design, Event Stream Processing
- Knowledge of big data ecosystems and processes including EDW, ETL
- Some knowledge of cloud platforms (Openstack, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Some knowledge of cloud container platforms (Openshift, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile IT development lifecycle would be an asset.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 06/11/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.