Req ID: 38161
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Other location(s): N/A
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
The Marketing Insights and Analytics Group reports into the North America Distribution organization as a function driving business value using internal and external data, predictive analytics and data science. The group focuses on providing cutting edge business intelligence and advanced analytic solutions to support the marketing efforts within North America Distribution. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for analytics to join the team.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will act as a key advocate for the benefits that data and analytics can drive throughout the organization. You’re comfortable working with data, collaborating with partners, conducting analyses, designing experiments, preparing reports, and communicating insights. You will be responsible for leveraging a broad spectrum of marketing, media, and sales data to develop reporting and analysis to support decision making for Capital Ideas and the Capital Group Brand.
- You will leverage data to solve strategic, tactical, structured, and unstructured business problems.
- You will design effective and impactful reports and visualizations to show marketing performance and actionable insights.
- You will provide ad hoc analysis to guide content optimization and establish campaign best practices.
- You will perform analysis by integrating internal and external data sources to predict customer behaviors for different programs.
- You will define, conduct research and analysis to create data-driven insights about customer behavior from all aspects of the business including, but not limited to, web data, historical behavioral data, demographic data, and macroeconomic indicators.
- You will lead large strategic projects from scope definition to execution and implementation.
- You will be responsible for interpreting and communicating results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and senior leaders.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Analytics, Econometrics or a related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- You have 5+ years of experience in an analytics role. Experience working with transaction level, email and customer data strongly is preferred.
- You are highly proficient in SQL, Tableau, and have knowledge using R or Python and Alteryx.
- You have experience managing internal and external partners.
- You have a strong understanding of marketing, user experience, and customer segmentation principles, best practices and analytical approaches.
- You have proven success in applying marketing analytics results to the practical considerations of day-to-day marketing and business challenges.
- You have a strong knowledge in online and offline experiments, including A/B testing and multivariate experiments.
- You are familiar with recommendation system and algorithms.
- You have strengths in leadership and problem-solving skills with the ability to continually learn new concepts, technologies and effectively apply them.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact, influence, and negotiate effectively with peers and all levels of management.
- Experience in asset management is a plus.
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.