Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As a Senior BI Developer you will be responsible for designing, building, deploying, and maintaining BI solutions in Power BI. To support strategic objectives, providing interactive features and actionable insights. Provisioning of insights leveraging unstructured data systems as well as big data systems with complex reporting and business intelligence requirements. This role will help evaluate and improve existing data structures and play a crucial role in creating evolutionary models for current and future products.
The Main Responsibilities
- Create Power BI dashboards providing key metrics and analytics which support strategic objectives with little to no oversight. Solutions to provide interactive features as available and apply advanced analytics, common visual vocabulary to reduce confusion and improve decision making.
- Proactively evaluate and improve existing dashboards to meet changing business needs
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Ensure data quality, completeness, accuracy and timeliness of solutions.
- Support and assist junior developers and stakeholders with understanding of tools and business concepts.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
- Collaborate with data scientists to support needs creatively to provide appropriate insights to the business.
- Help shape the development of new Business Intelligence and Analytics solution based on user/stakeholder insights.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Business Intelligence, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
• Ability to translate business needs to technical specifications.
• 3+ Years practical work experience with Power BI & DAX required (Tableau and Qlik a plus).
• 4+ years’ experience in data mining, querying / accessing large data sets and developing key business reports and metrics.
• Efficient time management skills.
• Must possess strong communication and relationship development skills.
• Advanced SQL experience preferred.
• Ability to manipulate and summarize large data sets.
• Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
• Good knowledge of database structures, data modeling concepts, principles and practices.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills; Critical thinker
• Experience in defining business requirements – prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
• Comfortable reaching out to domain experts to seek the knowledge you need.
• Telecom industry experience
• Oracle DBMS / SAP / SQL Server / Python experience and added plus.
• Experience building Office 365 solutions including Power Automate (Flow), Power Apps
• Able to draw conclusions from research and analysis and determine next steps and course of action.
Requisition #: 259193
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.