We are currently looking to consolidate our position within the marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic qualified accountants at Senior Manager level
You will manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets, and supervising the KPMG audit process.
There are excellent career development opportunities within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside Directors and Partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with our clients.
Role and responsibilities:
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
– Supervising, mentoring, and coaching Audit staff
– Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
– Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; manage timetables, anticipate costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection
– Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
– Keeping up to date with KPMG’s product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
– Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
– Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters.
– Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
– Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
– Be part of the management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
– Being the performance manager for other qualified accountants.
Experience and background:
– Recent and significant financial statement audit experience at Senior Manager level within a Big 4 or mid-tier firm
– Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
– Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
Qualifications & Skills:
– Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
– Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
– Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
– IT literacy with good knowledge of Word / Excel / PowerPoint
– Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
– Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP and US GAAP.